• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

MrsDuck's Sleeve Story

Hi all,

Just to say I'm all geared up for the op. Been beside myself with worry for the past 24 hours but I'm feeling ok now. Seen The Prof & the anesthetist and I'm third on the list. Keep getting bouts of sickness and very fluttery butterflies. Mum & hubby here, trying to make conversation but to be honest I just wish it was over with.

See you all on the other side (hopefully!) x

Hi all, Just to say I'm all geared up for the op. Been beside myself with worry for the past 24 hours but I'm feeling ok now. Seen The Prof & the anesthetist and I'm third on the list. Keep getting bouts of sickness and very fluttery butterflies. Mum & hubby here, trying to make conversation but to be honest I just wish it was over with. See you all on the other side (hopefully!) x

Good luck. It'll be over before you know it xx

Good luck, prayers are in the air for you and Banana and the others today x

Hi all,

Just to say I'm all geared up for the op. Been beside myself with worry for the past 24 hours but I'm feeling ok now. Seen The Prof & the anesthetist and I'm third on the list. Keep getting bouts of sickness and very fluttery butterflies. Mum & hubby here, trying to make conversation but to be honest I just wish it was over with.

See you all on the other side (hopefully!) x

I can't wait to hear how your doing lovely! Just think it won't be long until your posting some amazing losses ?

I'll be thinking of you...xx

Hi all,

Well I made it! Feeling very drowsy and the wind pain is uncomfortable to say the least. I'd worried so much about the op I forgot about afterwards. Message soon, xx

Hi all, Well I made it! Feeling very drowsy and the wind pain is uncomfortable to say the least. I'd worried so much about the op I forgot about afterwards. Message soon, xx

Great hearing from you. Wishing you a speedy recovery now xx

Fantastic Mrs Duck!! So glad to hear you're ok asides from the pain. In the same boat here but hoping this will be the worst of it :)

Speak soon xxxxx

welcome to the other side all downwards from here weight wise :)

Morning guys,

Feeling a bit more with it now. I've seen The Prof this morning, and I'm going to be discharged this afternoon which I'm happy about, cant wait to get home and get in my own comfy bed.

Trapped wind is still plaguing me.. On my second cup of peppermint tea. I would definitely recommend dry mouth spray to anyone who's got an op coming up too, total lifesaver yesterday.. The only thing I'm struggling with is soluble paracetamols, give me terrible belly ache.

Had a little think to myself this morning, can't actually believe after all these years of wanting and wishing to have wls, I've finally done it. Walking down the theatre yesterday was like an outer body experience. I couldn't believe I was finally there.

Hope there's room on that elusive bench for me xx

I am so glad all is well and you can go home later today, dont forget to rest and take it easy for a least a week, before hoovering and other housework!
Best wishes

kate

So good to hear that your being discharged and all is well! I can't wait to be in your shoes!!

Make sure you get rest, rest and more rest. Can't wait to start hearing about your losses!!! Xx

So pleased to hear everything is going well for you. Hope the wind pain goes away soon. :)

Congrats on reaching the sleeved side! You will not regret your decision to get it done! Hope you continue to recover well. M x

I'm so pleased everything went ok for you both. I saw Prof Ammori today and have booked my sleeve in a months time I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'm looking forward to keeping up with your updates girls. The best of luck with your journey xx

Morning guys,

Feeling a bit more with it now. I've seen The Prof this morning, and I'm going to be discharged this afternoon which I'm happy about, cant wait to get home and get in my own comfy bed.

Trapped wind is still plaguing me.. On my second cup of peppermint tea. I would definitely recommend dry mouth spray to anyone who's got an op coming up too, total lifesaver yesterday.. The only thing I'm struggling with is soluble paracetamols, give me terrible belly ache.

Had a little think to myself this morning, can't actually believe after all these years of wanting and wishing to have wls, I've finally done it. Walking down the theatre yesterday was like an outer body experience. I couldn't believe I was finally there.

Hope there's room on that elusive bench for me xx

How are you getting on Mrsduck? Starting to feel better? I hope you are anyway...can't wait to hear from you Xx

Hi guys,

Just thought id quickly update you whilst Eurotrash, I mean Eurovision is on!

Feeling better and better each day, stiffness is subsiding and so is the wind (thank god!). Been out of the house today, just to the neighbours, but felt great to be out- little things!!

Fluids wise, water is still a no go, I know other members have said they struggled with water too so I'm not too worried, peppermint tea still going down well as is lemsip. I find this is helping not only with my little cough, but as it has paracetamol in it, it's helping with the pain too. Neighbour assures me cough is down to the anesthetic, and I've nearly shuck it off now.

Boss asked me if I was going back to work on Monday - 6 days post op - I said id let her know. I was signed off for 2 weeks so I'm not sure why she's asking me that. How long did everyone else wait?

Thanks for all your lovely messages, they keep me going xxx

Back