• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band or sleeve

Can we start a saggy boobs thread instead...mine have gone from a D to an A now! Gutted! They are fine apart from when I lay on my back and then they seem to be gone?!?! X

Can we start a saggy boobs thread instead...mine have gone from a D to an A now! Gutted! They are fine apart from when I lay on my back and then they seem to be gone?!?! X

Lol rubbing Cocoa butter bust cream on mine twice a day. Not sure it's having any effect firming buy hey hubby seems to like it :)

Get off your high horse and grow up please. I find your attitude absolutely disgusting and an insult to the good people on this forum, which I thought was a kind and welcoming place clearly I was VERY Wrong. I stated my option and what I am having done. what I have been told by my medical professionals and research that I have done, no doubt the OP will make there own decisions your rudeness aside.

Right, I'm coming at this both from the angle of being a post opper (band) and being a moderator.

Not one of us is qualified to offer anything other than opinion or experience. To base a decision as drastic as opting for WLS on an opinion would be foolish to say the least. On the other hand to hear the experience of people who have been there and done that 'might' help BUT also should not be the basis for your decision.

FYI I am in contact with lots of long termers (3 years plus and all are bypassers/sleevers) who have put all, if not more of their weight back on. The reason for this? they weren't prepared to make the lifestyle changes required to make the surgery work for them. Which ever surgery you have, you HAVE to committ to change.

Some people no doubt think getting the band will mean its not a permenant thing but in reality of course it is. If you go into this thinking I'll have the band, lose the weight and then have it removed...............seriously?! why would you want to. Of course its permenant, for as long as the band is in situ anyway. Bypasses and sleeves are revised frequently - meaning they're not permenant? Again yes they are meant to be, if you don't make the changes required, then no they're not. Overeating post op is a cause for failing to maintain your loss and applies to all surgeries.

Our members are here for mutual support and it can be very wearing for post oppers to hear the latest person whose seen a surgeon but hasn't had surgery, offer their 'opinion' or saying what option they have chosen based on that. It happens over and over again though and why shouldn't it? I would suggest howewever that if you are offering an opinion, say so. If you are offering your experience, say so too. Everyone is welcome as long as they are mindful of what it is they are saying.

There will be no kicking off, if there is the kicking off will result in warnings and potentialy bans.

Becky3008, I'm glad the surgeon has helped you make the right decision for you and good luck. I'm sure you will be very succesful xx

Mazza you are a fantastic moderator (I think you deserve the Nobel peace prize) thanks for stepping in

I just find what I consider the 'band bashing' occurring more and more on the forum distressing. Even though I am having problems and have had repair surgery within a year of fitting I would still not disrespect the band. There as other horror stories re other WLS procedures on here. When the band works and you work with it it is an amazing tool. I attend a support group in Glasgow with some originAl banders 10 years out who are still going great guns maintaining massive weight loss

Having had private communication with a few banders on here I can tell you we are feeling a bit trashed and I sometimes feel a real attitude of superiority coming from a small minority of the folks who have had the other surgeries - some banders rarely post now due to this which is a real shame :-(

So although the band seems to have gone out of fashion - it is the least invasive WLS option. I think probably the hardest work out of all the options as it a so easy to cheat. But still an amazing tool. I just hate to hear it being trashed by old and new members

I'm can understand the revisionists position but what they also should realise is that. Band technology has moved on and the guidelines for use have change massively through research etc. avoiding many of the early issues of erosion slippage etc

So go banders/ sleevers/ bypasses we are all in this together. This is one of the toughest fights of our lives - lets be kind to each other and together we will get there xxx

Thank you Mazza and Kirsty both very well said..... I hope this puts an end to the upsets.... it gets pretty wearing reading some of the post here at times..... we should all be united in this fight , not alienating each other....were all here for that very reason SUPPORT .............please please lets keep it that way x x x x

Not been on for a few days, catching up, blimey what a palaver! I had a band in Feb, have lost over half the weight I want to and have not had a fill yet. Might have a teensy one next time as my weight loss is really slow BUT I would always advocate measuring too as I am shrinking all the time ( I do quite a bit of exercise). For me, I chose a hospital 5 mins from where I work so the faffing about with aftercare is negible, can be there and back in my lunch break. It works for me, didn't want a sleeve or a bypass as I was worried about the extensive nature of surgery and recovery times. So far so good, but I stick to the rules (most of the time) so the weight is coming off.

Years ago I knew an obese lady who had her jaw wired shut to stop her eating, so she used to put doughnuts and pints of cream in a liquidated and suck it up through a straw, a grand example of will and bad behaviour overcoming the mechanics of surgery......remember that surgery is a tool and not the be all, take the advice of surgeons and do what's best for you. Good luck!

Back