• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Muller light when home from op

louisaL

looking to make a change!
Last night I had 4 teaspoons of muller light and then felt like I'd had a full course meal! How much should I have been able to handle and should I be eating the one spoon and waiting a min to eat the next?

Hi

Have you read the label on your mullerlight, if I remember correctly mullerlight has too much sugar in it for both bypass patients and diabetic, it's only called light because of its low fat content, always read the labels, you should aim for no more than 5gm of sugar in the whole pot.

Paul

I was given a muller light off the hospital day after op. Just stop when u think you've had enough I was able to eat about a half a yoghurt straight away but everyones different x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I was given both the normal and the thick and creamy Muller Light in the hospital before I was discharged following my bypass. I am 7 days post op and have 3 tablespoons of the runners Muller for a meal / snack.

I remember the early days when I would have mullerlight and only manage half the tub,but I would mix a couple of spoons of marvel Powder into it,tops up protein x

i love the new greek style muller lights,the coconut one is lush! really smooth and very filling,i feel like ive had a massive meal after one and the pots are tiny compared to a normal sized muller light,would def recommend them xx

I can't tell if I'm hungry or full or anything yet so can't give you advice. I'm just sipping and taking it small amounts.

Thanks for advice everyone

Paul I got mullers after seeing a few people off here having them and discussing it with my surgeon yesterday when he asked what was I going to have. He said its not about calories and anything which goes through a straw is fine - no melted mars bars though lol

i was also told i can have anything through a straw,id recommend low fat custard too its also very filling xx

Milk and slimfast are also good. And if you're out and about its a good idea to have a frube in your handbag plus a drink

Back