• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

multiple ops at same time on nhs?

lifetimeloser71

hi all, has anybody had more than one op at same time on nhs? im down for breasts/tt/arms/thighs and wondering if it will be four seperate ops? hope not work wont be too happy! I've seen it all done on extreme makeover but nhs may not be same, any advise welcome? im thinking they may do tt/thigh together as it is like a lower body lift??? x

Hi and :welcome: Sorry I cant answer your question for sure but I dont think they will do them all at the same time. Not sure of the reasons, Im sure someone will be around who can answer for you :D XX

omg surely the pain would be to bad?.. maybe the tt and legs would be done together and the boobs and arms?... hmmmm, all i know is all at once the pain would most prob be to horrific i wish you well tho! x

I have been told that they will not do multiple surgery's on the NHS due to the risk of infection and also due to the pain. I have been told there will be around a 3 month gap between my TT and breast lift and that due to the long recovery time of the breast lift that will be done last

I would imagine they wouldnt do them all at the same time as you wouldnt be able to find a comfortable position to rest.
xxxxxxxxx

nhs surgery

thanks for responding, im shocked as i thought if anything tt is bigger op than boob lift, would love boobs first as these are most troublesome for me, but i guess we have to take what's given! madstaffyblonde when are you having ur surgery?

My 1st one was Xmas eve but was cancelled but have been given 2nd feb I will then go on the list for my TT which comes under the NHS 18 week rule when I have recovered from that I will be going on the list for my breast lift which again comes under the 18 week rule so hopefully I will all be done by october/November 2011 :)

i too asked this direct to the TT surgeon last friday
he said that they will not do multi ops.
the TT is the only op approved on NHS. all other ops have to be approved for further funding.
he also said its better to do one at a time.

i thought to qualify on the NHS you had to of maintained for 18 to 24 months once you had reached target.

im hoping that once funding goes to the GP that mine will be sympathetic still as he wrote several telklers to the pct on my behalf even when they refused twice!!

i know different areas have diff rules e.g my pct agrees funding before you see surgeon but others ive heard are decided by surgeon. diff criteria also, but if you get turned down like i did you can appeal and then hopefully get accepted under exceptional circumstances rules. my pct says bmi under 25 others ive heard are bmi 27 so worth looking into x

Back