• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

LOU1973: I'm back from my breast lift

I have added pics nearly 4 weeks post op, still a little swollen and bruised, but no pain, just want to tone a bit now.

Lou1973 good luck again for Thursday, don't rush back to work look after yourself. I have included a pic of my tatto, another one of my crazy days, yours is really well done, I hope you are pleased with it.....

Wow Nic - you're looking great - you've ended up with bigger boobs than me I think and your tummy scar is much lower down which is brilliant for bikinis etc - I'm also very jealous that you have no love handles - you've got a great boby.

Will put a little update on in a sec

Thank you all for your good wishes I'm back home now and feeling fab so thought I'd put a little update on.

I didn't have to check in until 1pm yesterday so I had a feeling I was going to be late into surgery - it turns out I was the last one so I didn't actually have my surgery until 6pm.

Anyway at 1 they took me to my room and I did the same as last time really - chilled out, slept, watched a bit of telly and tried to ignore that fact i was dying for a drink and something to eat (I hadn't eaten since wednes night and had a drink since 7am).

I'm getting a bit of an old hand at this so knew what to expect - the nurse came in and officially checked me in and asked the usual are you allergic to anything etc questions, later the anestistist (sp?) popped in and asked some questions then the surgeon so he could take pics and draw all over me.

At 6 they came and got me and it was all systems go. Slightly different this time as instead of putting me to sleep in a side room then took me straight into the surgery room and put me to sleep in there - it was weirdly disappointing - I was expecting some room that looked like something out of a sci fi movies with lots of machines and stuff - it was just a pretty plain room with a trolley and table!!

I remember the anestistist saying he'd started the process and to expect to feel the stuff going up my arm etc and I lay there for what seemed like forever and nothing happening and just as i was starting to think "oh dear" I woke up!! I was in the recovery room with a mask on but no drip.

Anyway once they'd checked i was ok they took me back to my room. Apparently i was back in my room by 8pm. Sent the required texts to everyone to inform them i was fine and suddenly realised i really was - i had no pain - beneath my boobs where the bra was sitting it was sore but not painful (Oh I should say they put the sports bar on you when they finish the surgery so your wearing it when you wake up). I had two drains coming out of my body at the side of each boob but this time had been spared the moon boots which inflate and deflate and which had kept me awake all night after my tummy tuck.

Anyway I was feeling so chipper I sat up cross legged on the bed and read - at 9pm the nurse came in and did a double take and said "you've only been back from recovery an hour" she was surprised how well i felt.

I was drinking loads and she said first time i wanted the toilet I should call her just in case I felt faint - I actually needed the toilet as soon as she mentioned it so she stayed around whilst I took me and my two drains to the loo - everything was fine and I got back into bed. She brought me some toast and I ate that fine as well. About 9.30 she came back in to ask me if i wanted dinner and I didn't fancy anything too heavy at that time of night so I just asked for some ice cream (I remembered from last time they did vanilla green and blacks which is to die for).

So she came back with that and 6 tablets for me to swallow - she said they were pain killers and I asked if I really needed them since I wasn't in any pain but she said to take them anyway. And she took my vitals - temp, blood pressure, pulse etc.

Having remembered the night of my tummy tuck when i didn't sleep all night I settled down to read my book expecting to be unable to sleep - particularly as I'd slept during the day waiting for the surgery. But at midnight I was struggling to keep my eyes open so i settled down to sleep - I sleep better on my side and was amazed to be able to do so without any pain in my breast

I had the usual night of sleep that you get in a hospital - waking up a couple of times because of noise but generally had a great nights sleep.

At 7 they brought in my breakfast and some more pain killers - again i said do i really need them but the nurse said to take them anyway as she'd be taking my drain out in an hour and they might help with that.

At 8 she was indeed back and took the drains out - a similar feeling to when they took them out from my tummy - a strange sucking feeling but not really painful (hardly any blood had drained into them overnight literally less than a teaspoon)

I'm so chilled at this point i fell asleep again and woke up at 9 when the nurse came in with my discharge papers and a perscription to pick up from the pharmacy - at this point I just had to wait for the surgeon and was then good to go so i got up, got dressed, straightened my hair and was just packing the last bits when the surgeon came in to admire his work - he said everything have gone great, shook my hand came me a kiss on both cheeks (I should think so given that I've probably paid for his next house!! he should be naming his children after me ;-)) and said he'd see me in 6 weeks (no doubt he's hoping by them I'll have decided on what other surgery I want LOL.

So I wheeled my suitcase to the pharamcy picked up my antibiotics which I have to take for a week and waited for my driver. I rang to chase him and he was stuck in traffic and wouldn't be there for another 45 mins - having checked he wouldn't charge me I decided to cancel him as I'd worked out i could get the tube and train and get home faster so off I trotted to the tube station got the tube to euston and the train home.

I guess it shows how well I was/am feeling that I was fine carrying my suitcase up and down the stairs at the tube.

As I'm writing this I can honestly say I have no pain - in fact I was in more pain 18 hours post my tattoo than I am 18 hours post by breast uplift and that's all it is - 18 hours since I went under.

I think I've been really lucky - I must have a high pain threshhold and I have lucked upon a really good surgeon - all the nurses make digs about how he takes the longest in surgery and does stuff in his own sweet time - my answer back is simple - I'd rather he took twice as long and got it right than rushed it and made a bodge job.

Will update some pics in the next hour or so

Lou

Last edited:
wow Lou, I cant believe how well you are feeling.

Glad it all went well and can't wait to see the pics. I'm sure you have said somewhere in your thread who your surgeon was and which hospital, but could you remind me to save me trawling back throught he thread again please. I'm currently waiting to have a gastric bypass and I will definitely need a TT when I'm done and more than likely a boob lift.

wow Lou, I cant believe how well you are feeling.

Glad it all went well and can't wait to see the pics. I'm sure you have said somewhere in your thread who your surgeon was and which hospital, but could you remind me to save me trawling back throught he thread again please. I'm currently waiting to have a gastric bypass and I will definitely need a TT when I'm done and more than likely a boob lift.

Hi Sam

Absolutely the Surgeon was Mr Pros and I got him through the Harley Medical Group in Watford but I believe he does work for a number of different groups. I had my surgery at Highgate Hospital in London.

Can't recommend him highly enough

Hi all

Have added some piccies.

Hopefully you can get a bit of an idea of how much they have been uplifted through all the dressings LOL. In the after photo there is a triangle cut out on each boob - that's a little flap and if I lift it that's where my nipple is now so you can get an idea of the uplift achieved

In the pre op photos with the surgeons markings you can see the circle is where my nipple is repositioned to (amazing how low from where it's supposed to be it was - hurrah i'm going to have (no wait I have!!) perky boobs and a nipple that faces the right way). The two lines going out at an angle from the circle attach together and become the scar that will go from the bottom of the nipple to the base of the breast and the line you can see right at the bottom is where it attaches to my body - basically anything under those lines is cut away and gone forever (except the nipple obviously).

I read on Nics thread that she is hoping her boobs will go down and are swollen - I'm probably the other way round - I think the size is just about right (on the small side of just about right but OK) I'll never get a cleavage like I had last week but most of that was just loose skin squeezed into a bra so wasn't a real cleavage LOL. Have also been pleased that my stretch marks at the top of my boobs aren't quite as noticable anymore as they are now "filled".

Once the bandages are off and I can wear proper "boob enhancing" bras again hopefully I'll get a better idea of the size and if i'm happy - plan is to live with them for a few months and then consider implants if I have to but at the mo I think they are alright.

Amazed that despite the unsexy sports bra and dressings I look Ok with a t shirt on over my bra - that's good as I was thinking I'd have to wear jumpers for a couple of weeks until the dressings come off as I'd look lumpy and bumpy if I went for anything too breast hugging

Anyway please feel free to send comments, friends requests if you'd like to see the results, questions or anything else you can think of.

My next appt is on thursday when they'll take the dressing off - hopefully for good or they may put new dressings on for a further week - in the meantime it's shallow baths for me

thanks for sharing the pics lou, even with the dressings on you can see the improvement. I think you are right to live with them for a couple of months before you have any implants done. You look like you have a small frame anyway so the size looks about right from the pics.

Gosh this is a very interesting thread! I am considering a tummy tuck when I get to goal. Hubby has said he'll pay...

I'd love to see your pictures, will send a friend request. Hope that's ok! xx

Lou you are fabulous!!! No moaning or groaning at all, glad the operation went well and you are home safely, thanks for the updates...look forward to more!

Lou you look fab, i bet you are super chuffed with the results so far, i know i would be! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us, certainly is an inspiration. Look forward to hearing how it all goes once the dressings are off. In the mean time, enjoy the complete new you xxxx

You look fantastic. Just think you are all done now. If you think the same as me it was worth every penny.

Thanks for your comments everyone - after the euphoria of yesterday I'm exhausted. I got up at 8 and have been reading on the sofa but have been falling asleep most of the day. Got a friend coming around to see me tonight and need to warn her I'm not going to be great company if i keep dropping off!!

Still not in any pain so haven't been taking pain killers but feel sore if i move too fast or sharply or am just going to take it easy for a few days

Have just read your whole thread from start to finish and am amazed at how well you have done with all your surgery!

Well done!!!! Would love to see your pics

Lauren x

WOW!!! Firstly, I LOVE your tattoo!! :)

Your tummy looks fantastic! I am so envious! It's definitely a probability for me to have a tummy tuck, so thank you so much for sharing your pictures.

I'd love a breast uplift, but hubby doesn't want me too :( They look great.

Take it easy, don't over do it and REST!! xxx

Well done, sounds like everything is coming together, i still haven't been on here long enough to see your pics, but i plan to keep on trying.
I was wondering when you had your tunny tuck did they tighten your tummy muscles at the same time?
Your recovery seems so fast, i had herniated muscles so had my muscles tightened so despite me feeling great i'm still very restricted in my tummy, the wound looks fab.

Seeing how we are the same height, can I ask what your weight and BMI were when you had the tummy tuck done?

I've just requested a brochure from the Harley Medical Group! Long way to go, but research is key :)

xx

Have just read your whole thread from start to finish and am amazed at how well you have done with all your surgery!

Well done!!!! Would love to see your pics

Lauren x

have sent you a friend request so you should be able to see the pictures now

Well done, sounds like everything is coming together, i still haven't been on here long enough to see your pics, but i plan to keep on trying.
I was wondering when you had your tunny tuck did they tighten your tummy muscles at the same time?
Your recovery seems so fast, i had herniated muscles so had my muscles tightened so despite me feeling great i'm still very restricted in my tummy, the wound looks fab.

Hiya

No they didn't tighten my tummy muscles - I think that is most common after people have had children and i haven't so it's not something we even spoke about. There are a couple of people on here who did have the muscle tightening - poppy and nic - and they may be able to help with any questions.

What do you mean when you say restricted in your tummy? Mine can still feel a bit numb sometimes but it doesn't affect me day to day

Seeing how we are the same height, can I ask what your weight and BMI were when you had the tummy tuck done?

I've just requested a brochure from the Harley Medical Group! Long way to go, but research is key :)

xx

Hi Sarette - I've just noticed your weight lose - you're doing brilliantly - I can't believe how much you've lost in 6 weeks - people must be noticing all the time. WELL DONE.

I was about 11st 11 when I had the tummy tuck (BMI of 28) - the surgeon said i should be within 2 stone of my goal weight in order to get the best results (which i was).

Since then I've lost another stone and no problems with saggy skin so looks like the surgeon was right. My ideal weight goal weight is 10st to 10st 4 so I've still got a bit to go. I have set myself a date of beginning of April to hit my goal weight so will put some more piccies up of my tummy when I hit that weight.

Any questions you have during your research feel free to shout - will help where I can

Thanks so much for the reply :) That is fantastic, I was so worried I'd have to have a BMI of 25 to get the surgery! I'm not 100% sure of my goal weight yet, am going to assess when I get down to 11.5 stone, which is my first goal.

I can certainly notice a difference in myself now I am 2 stone down! Really want to shift another stone before I go for my first bridesmaid dress fitting on April 4th.. The lovely lady said I can order in a smaller size as I am dieting, so I am not too worried about it..

I can't wait to have a flat tum :D and I shall certainly ask any questions I can think of!

Thanks and rest up!! xxx

Last edited:
Back