• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

multivitamins

joey80

hi all was just wondering what multivitamins u can take, i know sanatogen gold is 1 but i cant find ne, so does ne 1 know of any others i can take plz xx

My team said Centrium are about the best.
xXx

I get a prescription from the doc for some, but being old enought for free prescripion its good if you have to pay its better to buy xx

Forceval are the most complete.

I was told to take Centrum or Boots A-Z by my consultant. The Boots ones are very often 3 for 2 so work out a lot cheaper if you don't get them on prescription but they are missing whichever vitamin/mineral is needed for healthy bones, phosphorus I think it is but as I had a bone density scan and all is fine I take them.

I take the Centrum chewables. And when i showed them to my dietician she was very impressed with them. They have so much in them that the only thing i have left to take is my calcium. It has a full serving of all your b complex and vit. d. also folic acid and vit. k.. plus they dont taste to bad :)

My dietician said that, so long as it says 'A-Z' on the label, she doesn't really mind what brand or not I buy. She also said that she would only be unhappy of I was taking something that wasn't A-Z!!

As I don't currently pay for my prescriptions I will have a chat with my GP's about being prescribed Forceval as well as the Calcichew Forte which I've been advised I should take as I've had a couple of broken bones over the last couple of years (though my DEXA scan was ok in 2008).

Tatiana

forceval looks like the best one.

It is the best one and the only one I would be comfortable taking. It has all you need plus folic acid too. You should ask your GP for it on prescription and if you pay get them to give you three months supply. It might work out a little more expensive but trust me when I say the importance of the supplements we take are not to be taken lightly

My dietician said that, so long as it says 'A-Z' on the label, she doesn't really mind what brand or not I buy. She also said that she would only be unhappy of I was taking something that wasn't A-Z!!

As I don't currently pay for my prescriptions I will have a chat with my GP's about being prescribed Forceval as well as the Calcichew Forte which I've been advised I should take as I've had a couple of broken bones over the last couple of years (though my DEXA scan was ok in 2008).

Tatiana

Great idea, and calcium is also vitally important to us post op.

but trust me when I say the importance of the supplements we take are not to be taken lightly
You're so right Karlos, I felt very poorly and tired all the time until I started taking the correct supplements.
I had my op in Belgium, they were fantastic but I was left with no after care when back here in the U.K. after 18 months my G.P. got me seen at Luton & Dunstable and once they had put me on all the right medication I felt amazing!

Back