• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

worried due to have gastric bypass

hi to you all i am really fed up i have been constispated for the last 3 days due to drinking 4 pint of milk eveyday i dont think i can carry on with the milk diet i want the op next week any ideas? please help
natasha x

take something to get your bowels moving and you'll be fine. I got bunged up pre-op so had som sennakot to sort it out and it worked no probs.

You can carry on, its only a week and you can handle anything short term. It will all be worth it :)

i know i tock some last night because i went anw my dr about it i do hope they work fast as i am in pain with being constispated thank you, how are you?

Great :D going out to my new favourite restaurant, yo sushi, for dinner in a few minutes, so verrrrry happy :giggle:

I find sennokot works for me overnight every time, so hopefully you should have some relief soon. If you're really bunged up get some glycerine suppossitories from your chemist and give them a try.

Sorry to hear you are struggling Natasha. i hope the senokat works quickly for you there is nothing worse it can be so painful. take it easy and remember you are doing great and your hard work will pay off for you xx

Thank you i have been at last, not long now before my op on tuesday a friend of mine is in st richards she had her op on thursday.i am just fed up with the milk that is making me constispated, but yeh i have to carry on take care natasha x

Not long now Natasha, stick with it chick and it will soon be over. I never had to do the milk diet as I only had two days notice about the op but since I have drunk lots of s/s milk and really enjoy it something I would never of done before never even had it in my tea. It's strange how this op changes things....take care...xx

Welcome back and relax, the journey gets fun now...:)

Welcome to the start of your new life!! hehehe!! ;)
Take it easy,
Xxx Lizzie xxX

welcome back glad it all went well, rest up and recover from op, good luck with the rest of your journey keep us updated take care. Bridie x

Welcome back Natasha :) Plenty of rest but keep active :hug99:

Hi i am fine, but getting fed up with baby food want to try other food now, can any one tell me what they ate in the first week after op as i need help hope you all are ok x

I had liquids for two whole weeks post-op:confused::confused: so I am not helpful on that front. However, there are lots of options beyond baby food during the puree stage. How long are you on purees? I have done it for 2 weeks and have at least another week or 2. It really can be okay if you are creative. What type of things do you like (savoury or spicey or sweet)?

Back