• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

worried due to have gastric bypass

natasha1973

hi i am a new to this and i am not sure, anyway i am due have gastric bypass on the 18th november 2008 and i am worried stiff about it, i was ok about the opp a few days ago, but now i am not so sure please help anyone:(

Hi Natasha, it is normal to feel apprehensive about such a big operation, but also the changes that will follow. I think all of us had our doubts and wobbles at some point.

What is it you're worried about the most?

By the way, welcome to minimins, and i look forward to getting to know you better.

xx

hi wobbles i think its just butterflies i want this opp but its the afterwards like how long will i be off work and not sure how i will be able to cope with out christmas dinner lol i was so post to have this opp in august at st richards

Hi Natasha and :welcome:.
You've come to a great place for support and information. I'm so pre-surgery it hurts but others who've been through the surgery will tell you it's the best decision they've ever made. I understand the pre-surgery jitters are normal. There are quite a few threads to dive into about the surgery experience.

Do tell us more about your chosen procedure, Private or NHS?, surgeon, hospital, pct etc.
xxx

Hi Natasha, welcome to mini's :)

The few weeks before the op are an emotional rollercoaster, you'll be up and down more than likely! It's major surgery, so of course it's nerve wracking.

BUT, its exciting and amazing and the best thing I've ever done for me :)

Hi Natasha and welcome to minis. it is perfectly normal to feel apprehansive and scared. i worried myself stupid before my op and kept thinking what am i doing.

you have made a huge decision and you are perfectly normal to have lots of second thoughts.

the bypass is the bset thing i have ever done. i am healthy now and my quality of life and cofidence is far greater than i can ever remember.

this site is great i wish i had found it pre op. people are so supportive and full of great advice. if you have any questions or need any support we are all here for you xx

Hi natasha and welcome to minis. I have my bypass on thursday and as excited as i am im like a knotted rope. I only got my date on friday so i havent had much time to get my head around the fact that its happening 6 weeks earlier than i thought and never got to have my last supper as when i got my phone call got told its milk all the way now.
what yr feeling is normal
HC

HC.... i did my pre op diet, but the girl who was in the next bed didn't do hers, and the surgeon told her on the day before the surgery, to eat anything she could possibly want as it would be her last chance.
Have your last supper...while you can.

Noooooooo listen to your surgeon, not other people's surgeons ;)

Hi and welcome to minis....I have just been given my date for my op and its this friday, I was told because my BMI is not too high I just need to do the diet for a few days, I got caught on the hop so no last meal for me, mind you this past month I have been having what I wanted...you will be fine it's normal to worry...xx

Hi, I had my surgery last Wed and I am doing great. Don't get me wrong, I am tired and sore, and, well extremely windy but I feel so much better than I thought I would.

Every surgeon & hospital are different but I was told 2 weeks of limited activity (tired, sore, etc.) and then I would gradually get back to normal function (work, light housekeeping, some gentle exercise) over the next 2 weeks.

I was worried too before my op but these minimins people made me feel really supported! I loved reading their stories and asking their advice. You have stumbled onto a goldmine here!! Good luck & keep us (I am one of them now, yippie) updated with your journey, we really all love to help.

thank you for all your kind thoughts i am just being silly, i am looking forward to my opp. i just need to talk to people who had the opp for advice and suppor,i do have support from my husband and family which is good but i am not sure how long i will be off work as i need to drive with my job,take care x

Hi Natasha,

It's not silly, it's perfectly natural.

Check with your insurance company in case they have any limitations on your driving. Mine said that so long as my doctor was happy for me to drive I was ok. I waited 2 weeks before I started driving, and went back to work after 2 1/2 weeks. It all depends on what your job is, mine is desk based most of the time and I can work from home so it was ok, but I felt like i could have done with another week off in all honesty.

On top of that, everyone recovers differently, so it's really going to depend on how you feel post op.

Remember, all of us here have either been through it or are going through it and so we've been where you are and will gladly answer any questions for you.

Which hospital are you having the surgery at?

Shel

i am going to st richards in chichester west sussex, i am having the op on the nhs as i have been under worthing hospital for 4 years. i am seeing mr slater who is great i have my pre-operative assessment this friday,i work as a carer going to clients homes so i will have to see how i feel i gess anyway i must go and take my kids to school talk later have a good day
natasha x

Hiya

As everyone said its normal to be concerned even i was.

But all will be ok and after its all done you will be a new person.

Plus where your having it done is one of the best in the country so you have no worries. Get it done and dusted and enjoy.

All my very best and good luck

Mark

Hi and welcome to minis!! was just the same as you, infact wanted to run away as I sat on the operating table :D But the op has been life changing for me, Im no longer ruled by food and I couldnt give a monkeys if I only have two bites of my christmas dinner, I enjoy what I eat and its quality not quantity for me nowdays.
Its a great concept just wish I had known about it years earlier lol :giggle:

Hi and welcome to minis!! was just the same as you, infact wanted to run away as I sat on the operating table :D But the op has been life changing for me, Im no longer ruled by food and I couldnt give a monkeys if I only have two bites of my christmas dinner, I enjoy what I eat and its quality not quantity for me nowdays.
Its a great concept just wish I had known about it years earlier lol :giggle:

Hi Hunny

How you doing........good to see you here

Back