• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What changed? One day I can eat, next I can't!

LisaG

Disappearing slowly
Hi all,

Okay been worrying about not feeling restriction as you probably know. Yesterday I felt like I could have eaten anything. Kept trying new things in order to feel something but nothing. By the end of the day I'd clocked up quite a few calories (although obviously nothing like pre-op!).

Today however I've managed 1 scrambled egg at breakfast and 3 bites of cottage pie this evening. Feel absolutely stuffed and couldn't even swallow my last mouthful - had to spit it out!

So what on earth happened overnight? Is this normal?

Hun this is normal i could eat 6 tsp last week and now barely manage 2/3 tsp. It could be that now ur on sloppys u have more restriction then when u were on liquids and also ur food today was protein and that fills u up more, some days ur pouch can like certain foods and the next day u actually cant manage to eat that certain food.
Dont worry about it hun its all very normal when ur a bypasser :)
How are u feeling now are u managing more fluids xx

It's completely normal Lisa. You can eat one day and hardly anything on another. It's the same as you'll be able to eat something one day and the next it will make you feel sick! Wonderful little pouches lol x

It's what makes every post bypass day interesting Lisa! :D You'll soon get used to it.

Cuppa xx

Great...LOL. Glad I'm normal at least! Actually feels good to feel the restriction. Was getting a little concerned about that.

Roch, I've been really good with the protein and 2 days ago I had exactly the same cottage pie (made big one and froze it in mini portions) and ate it all no problem! Madness.
Getting there with the liquid. Trying to up it a bit each day. Last night had a real thirst for ice cold water and managed to drink half a litre easily...was so nice as I used to love water and haven't been able to drink much of it since the op. Yum!

Pouches are funny things, can accept food one minute and reject it the next. My pouch is the same. It has funny moods.

Back