• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Baggy Body. Channel 4 @ 10pm

I can eat pizza - just not a whole one anymore, a couple of slices and Im done. And Im afraid if you have been very fat for a very long time, there is nothing you can physically do to prevent the baggy skin, no matter how much exercise you do or water you drink.

Dont normally watch this kind of thing, but did catch the 2nd half, you do have to take it with a pinch of salt, the producers want to sensationalise weight loss, and its after effects. Lets face it, its a fascinating subject for a lot of people for a huge variety of reasons. I just felt so sorry for the young woman who felt she had to wear a body suit. How crippling is must be to have such low self esteem. And as for having pizza, its hardly abusing your pouch when you are as far out as she was. It didn't show her eating it all, but was carefully staged to give the impression that she was going too. I'm having pizza for dinner tomorrow, its part of my balanced and varied diet.

Hello everyone! I enjoyed the programme... if that's the right word. I'm glad it was made. I felt sorry for the girl who had to wear the corset every day, it looked so uncomfortable.
I think the lad who's dad helped him pay £8k for his op looked SO disappointed at the end with the results. He looked smaller but still so wobbly.
That's why I'm always pleased my weight is steadily coming off. The thought of it falling off rapidly with me having no chance to control it terrifies me!
Keep yoga-ing and swimming everyone! LOL x

A little judge mental on here. I have eaten pizza post op but can count on my hand the number of times since my op. I think there's a big difference between enjoying a treat an abusing your pouch. The majority of my meals are healthy. Try to remember that the media don't portray us kindly.

It's not the fact she had pizza, ive scrapped the toppings off a piece post op! Its the fact it was a take away one and we all know, even in moderation, its not healthy. I thought the excess fat in said pizza would have caused dumping? I wasn't being judgemental at all, I was surprised she could cope. Im still new to this remember, ive not had the experience to know these things are ok :)

I watched the pizza in horror. Only because I'm 7 days post band to bypass. I've not managed pizza for years despite trying! Now I'm so terrified of my new pouch and what I put in it. That's because I'm still on purée and have no experience of bypass beyond a week! I'd love to eat pizza though ;-0

I was pleased Fred was eliminated. It was heartwarming how close that couple are. I thought the girl wearing the bodysuit was wibbly wobbly loveliness without the suit. She should wear a wedding dress everyday too. Totes amazing:)
I do though have similar skin issues when I drop weight and can empathise. I don't like my body fat or thin.
That chap was amazing too. What a great story. I did feel his plastics has got rid of the uncomfortableness of excess but @ £8k lighter. Wow!

I had a slice of Pizza Hut pizza this weekend. Only one mind but I did enjoy it. Moderation I okay.

Those were my teams words. Both my dietitian and surgeon have said doughy, fatty foods like pizza will stretch my pouch and they want to keep the restriction I have as long as possible to speed my weight loss. I've pretty much followed their orders to the letter!

And hey, I'm only 9 weeks out. I just can't even imagine eating it without being sick! And I used to easily eat a whole dominoes to myself pre-op.

My dietitian also said try not to see high fat/sugar/takeaway food as a reward or treat. Reward yourself with something else.

I agree that programmes can portray people badly. Channel 4 has done it a lot lately, like with benefits street.

So lucky i dont have a Fred. it looked terrible when they took it off. she could not even wear knickers.

I had a slice of Pizza Hut pizza this weekend. Only one mind but I did enjoy it. Moderation I okay.

I am with Yve. I have had take out pizza as a treat. Life is for living. I try and eat as a thin person would now and they have the odd treat - occasionally. That's what I want to be able to do. TV makes fat people look desperate and they are sometimes being exploited for entertainment. Sad. I wish there were positive role models who have had surgery on tv!
I didn't watch this programme but have heard about the lady and Fred today at work!

A little judge mental on here. I have eaten pizza post op but can count on my hand the number of times since my op. I think there's a big difference between enjoying a treat an abusing your pouch. The majority of my meals are healthy. Try to remember that the media don't portray us kindly.
Q
Yvessa your photos show you only have the occasionally treat your a little one now....lol
If anything when I see people eating an occasional treat or just the fact their diet is so varied,I do feel a bit envious.
My foods are so limited now,salad,salad,salad..don't get me wrong I love it.
But when my family have the odd treat I feel quite left out and lonely.
As there's not anything wrong with having an odd treat,we must live.
But soon as an smaller item of clothing catches my eye...my sadness disappears!!...lol

Q
Yvessa your photos show you only have the occasionally treat your a little one now....lol
If anything when I see people eating an occasional treat or just the fact their diet is so varied,I do feel a bit envious.
My foods are so limited now,salad,salad,salad..don't get me wrong I love it.
But when my family have the odd treat I feel quite left out and lonely.
As there's not anything wrong with having an odd treat,we must live.
But soon as an smaller item of clothing catches my eye...my sadness disappears!!...lol
You aren't alone Emma ..I'm with you as I know this feeling well. If I could have a bit of chip shop special fish when my family all tuck in to their chippies every second Saturday I would but I can't :'( . I sit with with my salad and small fish cake trying to pretend that I'm perfectly happy. Don't miss the chips just the fish. It's a small price to pay though and only hurts for the length of the meal ;). X

You aren't alone Emma ..I'm with you as I know this feeling well. If I could have a bit of chip shop special fish when my family all tuck in to their chippies every second Saturday I would but I can't :'( . I sit with with my salad and small fish cake trying to pretend that I'm perfectly happy. Don't miss the chips just the fish. It's a small price to pay though and only hurts for the length of the meal ;). X

It's also the fact I know my hubby feels quite sad for me too,and I feel bad for that.
It's quite an over whelming feeling knowing I've got the rest of my life eating like this.
You would think I would be getting used to this new way of eating as I'm 3 yrs 4 mths out,but it is hard at times.
But like you say Frankie it only bothers me when it's meal times x

I do know what you mean to some extent. But like you say the pros do outweigh the cons but it really isn't as simple as people think to just agree to give up the food you enjoyed. Food is more than just sustenance - it's built into us genetically to be comforted by food and do get these feelings of pleasure. And it's cultural to enjoy it as part of a group. I know that some things now I will always choose not to have. I can't enjoy anything that tasted obviously of grease or too sweet as it puts me off. And sometimes I miss sitting down to a roast dinner with my family and eating what I used to. Because I finish before they do I guess. It's worth every sad moment.

...biggest positive to take with you during the 'meal time' is your there with them, enjoying being there with your smaller self & clothes & most importantly your health xxx :)

...biggest positive to take with you during the 'meal time' is your there with them, enjoying being there with your smaller self & clothes & most importantly your health xxx :)

Couldn't agree more...if we not got our health we haven't got anything.
I think it's just a case of envy and still occasionally missing a bit of plain old bread!..lol

Anyhoo there is nothing wrong with a little treat now and again as long as we keep a lid on it and it is only just now and again ;) xx

I found it upsetting that the young man didn't get funding doesn't give me much hope. I did with lots exercise and I need a full body lift. I'll try but it doesn't look good. As for the takeaway we have no idea of what the rest her diet was. I've eaten take aways occasionally since the op. Moderation is the key as it's been said and I've lost a lot of weight but I don't let food be my prisoner anymore. Obviously if you can't eat it that's different. I can't seem to eat anything these days but I used to be able too.

Back