• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass Exercise after surgery

How soon after surgery were you exercising and what exercise were you doing?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Beegee

Been swimming again from 2 weeks and walking everyday, and just been dancing at my sons school disco (its my job to embarrass him!)... but its tough, pre-op I was swimming 1km per day but currently I can only manage 500m before getting tired. I was advised by my surgeon not to lift weights until fully healed. Hope that helps?

Lilacglittergirl

Fit and fantastic!
I do Aquafit twice a week - at 'experienced' level. I went back after three weeks - the surgeon advised not to go during the simple fluid weeks as I wouldn't have sufficient calories. If I was despo he said I could gently swim sooner but I waited until the start of Week 4. I was fine x

Thanks ladies. I have been walking most days since I came out of hospital and although I don't have my 8 week check Until mid December wAnted to do more, especially with the weather becoming less walk friendly. I was swimming before the op so think I will try that next week as that will be week 4 x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery