• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Before and 4 stone down photos!

hsmel

I am already feeling so much better than I did . . had to post photos. It is only looking at these that makes me realise how much thinner I actually am!

Although still a bit of a way to go I am already delighted in my overall improvement in health and body size!!

Attachments

• 422.jpg
    422.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 391
wow amazing you look great xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You look fantastic and younger too!What size jeans are you in now and how tall are you,if you dont mind me asking?

You're looking fantastic Mel.
Have a great Christmas!
Grace xxx

Thanks all for your nice comments . . Big and Bouncy I am now in a size 14 jeans (although I think they are generous tbh!) they are from River Island. I am 5'8" tall but most of my weight was round my middle - or at least I always thought it was until I look at the photos and realise how much thinner my face is, my arms are and my legs!! So it was possibly more well spread than I thought!!

Just dont want to lose too much from my face . . but then if that is the only downside to surgery I will have to put up with it. Think once you are over 50 it is hard when you suddenly get so much thinner in the face! Think perhaps a hair cut is in order but not sure what!?

You look great xxx

OMG Mel you look amazing! You look so much younger and the happiness shines out of you! I hope you are proud of what you have achieved cos you should be Mrs ;) You look very glamorous :D XX

Thanks Jaqui - I am very happy and just wish I had been brave enough a year ago . . and even more to the point wish I had known about the op ten years ago!

I was working out how much I have spent on privately prescribed reductil, Xenical and various other unnamed ones! (doc would not give them as too expensive), potions, hypnotherapy, the gym, diet books and clubs and vast quantities of food over the last ten years and I reckon I could have paid for this op several times over.

To all pre oppers if you have the option of band or bypass all I can say is I personally am SO pleased I was convinced that bypass was my best option - I dont think I would be at this stage if I had not opted for bypass.

Goodness Mel, you look amazing, very well done, what a terrific achievement... you are looking sensational!

All the very best for a lovely Christmas and 2011... xxx

I agree Mel, I wish Id have been able to have this surgery years ago. It was nearly 8 yrs ago when I first asked for the surgery but at the time Mr Ammori didnt do NHS only private. He did agree to put me on a "virtual" waiting list as he agreed I would benefit from the bypass. 2 strokes, diabetes and dangerously high blood pressure and over 7yrs later I finally got on his list! Maybe if Id had it earlier I might not have had all those things....but IM so grateful for having it now :D It is deffinately the best thing I have ever done and I think most, maybe not all bypassers would agree :D You look like a different woman Mel, keep up the great work XX

Jacqui just wish it was available more freely on the NHS - I am lucky I had access to the money I needed via credit and savings and not changing my car for a few years! I do think that the NHS themselves could have saved money on me if it was available 10 yrs ago when I first started popping pills. Although I have not had the same medical problems as you I have had fairly serious back problems with three different op's and other weight related issues that saw me in hospital for different procedures on another four occasions. If each op cost £4000 minimum (and a couple were probably a heck of a lot more) - then I have probably cost the NHS £28,000 in ops in the last ten years. If they looked at me as an example of how, had I been 15 BMI points less, I would probably not had any of my 'issues' - they would have been quids in offering me the surgery back then! Trouble was I did not know it existed back then :(

Its such a shame that they dont look into the long term savings made to the NHS, I think some PCT's do and most of the surgeons see it on a daily basis but its the pen pushers who control the upper echelons of the NHS who dont see the benefits of the surgery, just the cost of it .... makes me so angry! XX

Whoop whoop wowsers Mel you look fantastic

My doctor told me that WLS saved not only my life, it will have saved the NHS a fortune no longer treating me for diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, and the myriad of other obesity related illnesses he has had to treat me for over the last ten years

I used to visit my GP at least monthly for one ailment or another, post op other than my regular checkups I've been twice in nearly two years. WLS is a huge investment but if we take it seriously and do our bit, it's money well spent, I guess that's why I get on my high horse when I see people overtly abusing this investment

Mel you are doing brilliantly and the results of your efforts are stunning, well done you and Merry Christmas

You look absolutely stunning! Very well done!

You look so wonderful!

You look fantastic and seem so positive about the whole experience. What an inspiration you are to everyone!
Well done
Jo XX

Back