• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My date has arrived.

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
Well my two appointments today ended up being 3 in the end.

I saw my surgeon first, got on the scales, and he thought his nurse said I weighed in at 163.7, then she corrected in and said no its 153.7, which is 2 Kg's out from mine, but I knew that anyway. He was amazed that I had done so well.

We then spoke about my gallbladder issues, and he said he would take that out at the same time, which was the answer I was looking for.

He then turned to me and smiled and said so I guess you want me to give you a date for your operation, he opened his diary and said how does the 22nd JUNE sound.

I said you mean July, he said no I mean June as I have had a cancellation and you have done so well losing the weight.

So I snatched his hand off lol

Then he wanted me to see the dietician, to go through my pre op diet and after.

OMG 3 weeks and I should be on the losers bench. I feel a but numb, dont know if im happy or not, Im just in shock.

At least I dont have long to think about it, best start making a list of what to take with me etc.

Thanks for all your support over the last few days, don't know what I was worrying about.

And just for Tinkerbell lol, the dietician told me to throw away the scales hehe

Last edited:
Fantastic News, not long at all!! Your new life is just around the corner. Well done on all your hard work x

Gary that is just fantastic both the op date and the orders re the scales. Lol
I couldn't be more happy if it was my date, you have worked so hard and done so well you deserve the reward of a swift date.
:)

wow you must be chuffed as lil meatballs.... :D

thats THIS MONTH!!!

woohooo...x

Great news!Its a shock when you get your date just like that!After all the waiting you will be floating for a few days then your head gets into gear and you can prepare for the big day.I still cant believe Im done and dusted myself plus nearly 4st down!How did that all happen!You will see what I mean in a few months time,so pleased for you.Maz x

What wonderful news, I'm elated for you. You have done remarkably well pre op, I can only imagine brilliant results post op with your strength and determination.

All the best, not long now, exciting times huh? Xx

WOW!! That's fantastic news hun!! Chuffed to bits for you. Good luck for the new path yoy have ahead of you xx :)

Fabulous news x

Brilliant news ! Those 3 weeks will whizz by and before you know it that loser's bench will be waiting for you:) Mind you, you have done so well before the op I think you probably have half a buttock on it already :)

Great news Gary, am so pleased for you x

Well done, bet your head is still spinning. xx

Back