• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My dream is over for now :'''((

Becky, Im so sorry to hear that but don't give up. I was refused and ended up taking my mortgage from my bank to another bank and adding some on.....I did it through money supermarket.com and probably paid more for doing it that way, but I managed to get the payments where I can afford each month but do it for longer. The cost for your health and happiness is worth it!! .......Good luck and keep trying xxx

Thanks Claire, i tried my current mortgage co without success, and i doubt i can move companies. I work for myself, and since i took out this mortgage 3 years ago, the companies have all tightened up on the self employed. xxx

hi u tried santander thats were i got mine from thier give me it after i had been turn down alot . hope it all works out for u good luck x

Just be mindful of each credit application being made has a derogatory effect on your credit rating too! Sorry it's not worked out for you:(

I expect you already have tried but I know the company who I went with did finance packages and when I originally asked about a loan they said yes to me even though I am unable to work due to other medical problems (not weight related) and my husband only earns a minimal wage. In the end we decided to save money and save like hell but its bloody hard work as like you say life happens and it just goes!
I really hope you get this sorted xxx

I expect you already have tried but I know the company who I went with did finance packages and when I originally asked about a loan they said yes to me even though I am unable to work due to other medical problems (not weight related) and my husband only earns a minimal wage. In the end we decided to save money and save like hell but its bloody hard work as like you say life happens and it just goes!
I really hope you get this sorted xxx

Hi Poshlady, thanks but i cant afford surgery in this country i am afraid. Much too much for me. xx

Oh ok thought it was worth mentioning x
I am so sorry to hear its been turned down again, keep your chin up and believe - you will get there, maybe not as quick as you would like but you will get there xxx

Good luck!
Em xxxxxxx

Good luck hunni xxx

A credit card might be a good idea, expensive but you would save money on your food bills after the op. I really feel for you and hope things get sorted xx

Hey.. Have you tried Angela at secret surgery? She did a document about the finance company they use?.. Obv u will have to go with them.. But worth a try? Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've been told you've too much unsecured debt you are likely to be turned down on a credit card too. Have you no scope to consolidate some onto your mortgage? Just a last ditch thought

If you've been told you've too much unsecured debt you are likely to be turned down on a credit card too. Have you no scope to consolidate some onto your mortgage? Just a last ditch thought

Thanks Jo, i have a large mortgage anyway, and when it comes off the initial special offer mortgage in November, i doubt i'll be able to swap or increase as i am self employed. I am one of the ones they have tightened up on. I am already mortgaged to the max. Thanks for your help though, i really appreciate it. I am trying one more company for a loan. Stupid thing is i dont actually have that much debt, beside my mortgage, just a car loan of £2800 and a bank loan of £2000. I dont think thats too bad in this day and age! I dont struggle to meet the payments either!

Thanks, I am gonna try a credit card next.

Good luck, Becky.

Soz I have not logged in here for over a day + am catching up late (even tho I have communicated by email and FB in the meantime -- just not always logging into WLS every day now -- one of those "lucky" post oppers for whom the prize of getting the surgery in the first place is now done and dusted and don't feel such an urgent need to be on here all the time.)

Thanks Jo, i have a large mortgage anyway, and when it comes off the initial special offer mortgage in November, i doubt i'll be able to swap or increase as i am self employed. I am one of the ones they have tightened up on. I am already mortgaged to the max. Thanks for your help though, i really appreciate it. I am trying one more company for a loan. Stupid thing is i dont actually have that much debt, beside my mortgage, just a car loan of £2800 and a bank loan of £2000. I dont think thats too bad in this day and age! I dont struggle to meet the payments either!

Just a thought - have you done your own credit rating. Sometimes through no fault of your own or even just missing a credit card payment, your credit rating goes up the swanny. You can even find a county court judgement has gone against you. This happened to my sister & she wasn't even notified! There are things you can do about. Martin Lewis the TV money man is very helpful & has a good website.

Back