• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My fitness pal

chris2710

Could anyone that uses this program tell me what they suggest as sugar allowance, mine says 24 this seems very low, I seem to always go over this figure, I don't use any refined sugars, but I find those in milk products, fruit and veg take me well over this allowance, as a diabetic this is a major concern of mine

Mine says 20 & invariably go over it . I just make sure what I eat is low sugar . It is something I have wondered too

Totally agree - the sugar allowance is very low. I think the site is fairly simple in its construction so don't take its targets and expected results too seriously. With the diabetes control it's all about the total carbs and the glycaemic index of the foods you choose so I just use 'My Fitness Pal" as a simple way to record what I eat and a useful database for looking up calorie values. I'm sure your diabetic consultant gave you a target for carbs - just stick to that and don't worry about that column!

David

Mind you I use it more to log calories & protein each day I endeavour to keep to low fat & sugar but don't worry what the site says on these because I can't change my intake settings beyond the total calories.

I tend not to worry about the sugar too much,as I know my refined sugar intake is low. Most of my sugar comes from my fruit. Like you Penelope, I use it to track calorie intake and protein.

Mines 24 and I only go over that every so often. I choose low sugar options for everything so I'm not worried about that. I use it to track my protein really

I changed my carbs and ignore the sugars bit.

I changed my carbs and ignore the sugars bit.

I do to Yve ... I have changed a few settings in my fitness pal via the Internet Browser and not the app. You can actually take the sugar column away but i chose not to so I can still keep an eye on my levels albeit that they usually are in the red at the end of the day. Xx

As I don't add sugar some of it is fruit sugars and some in yoghurt etc. so I don't let it bother me.

I am newly post bypass what setting s do u enter for this situation? Any help appreciated x

Thx xx

Back