• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My inch is back!

ravelling

Grateful bypasser
when I was younger I was always 5 feet 6 inches tall. As I got fatter, I got shorter and when I had my op, my GP and my surgeon agreed that I was 5 feet 5 inches. (Disappointing, as my BMI was higher than I thought it was!)

Today, I had my height and weight checked by my GP (same equipment as before) and I'm 5 feet 6 inches again. My inch is back! She thinks my weight was dragging my body down and compressing my spine.

Another unexpected bonus :)

That's brilliant Gill, great to hear... I'm shorter too, by 2 inches from the spondylitis... I'm living in hope of regaining them!

Love and hugs xx

Oh that's so funny, as when I was measured at my recent consultation, I had also lost an inch which raised my BMI also.

So pleased to hear that there is the possibility of regaining that inch.........lol

Your BMI has reduced even more than you thought. Brilliant.

Funny you should say that Gill, I was always 5' 5" but my gp made me an inch shorter and she said that when I lost my extra weight I would probably get it back because the weight was effecting how I stood. I must admit I thought she was talking rubbish to be honest, but looks like she was right.

Really glad your inch has re-appeared!

Amazing ! We'll all be grabbing the tape measure now !

When i met Phatgirl (Nichole) She told me i would end up taller after surgery, i thought she was joking at first till she said she was now taller. Its mad isn't it that being over weight can make us smaller xxx

that's really interesting. I'd lost two inches when they first measured me and I put it down to them doing it wrong. Infact I was quite pleased as the higher bmi got me my funding. But perhaps it is all down to stooping from the pressure of the weight after all.

Same here always thought I was 5.2 but got measured at just over 5 foot :( - not fat just short for my weight lol

I agree - I was always 5'9" but was suprised when I was measured by the doctors at 5'8" when they worked out my BMI. I am only 5 months out and guess what . . last time I was at the doctors she measured me and weighed me again and I am now 5'9 again. I am sure you are right and it is all to do with poor posture when we are so much bigger.

Ohh I hope a grow and inch or two, I dont like my kids being bigger than me! They reckon when Ive lost more weight they are going to bully me! I need a few inches advantage ;) XX

Ah but remember Dotty, when you've lost weight you'll be able to run faster!

Back