• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey in Pictures (Gastric Band)...20st1lb too...

@Oopseydaisy thought I would write on here as didnt wana take over LJ diary :oops:

Can I ask, how is it possible to wash food down? Like whats the difference between drinking with food and washing food down?

Is it when your really stuffed, u drink just so you can eat more?

Xxxxx

Its when you use liquid to rinse food down, instead of chewing small bites properly

Once you have a few fills, you really have to concentrate on chewing, 20 20 20
If you get food stuck, sometimes a swig of fizzy coke can burp it back up (tmi, lol) :p

I drink diet coke most days, just use lots of ice, stir out most of the bubbles
Its really trial and error as to how your band is feeling, a hot drink can loosen mine (its tight in the mornings) :)

Oooohhh interesting..although I have had a band, i have so much to learn lol...have my first fill on tuesday, canny wait! I have been thinking, oohh this is quite easy but i know i defo am guna have to slow down a lot. I am anxious about how its guna feel once i have had my fill lol!!

My mum has told me 2 of her friends have had bands and eat and drink, throw up and then eat more.. i just cant get my head around it...its so risky as surely they could damage it, let alone stop losing weight/start putting weight on.

Obvs atm its early days for me so i am motivated but i honestly feel i will be able to do this - just needed a lil bit ov help :p

I like the fact i am not on a diet and eat little bits of everything i like.

How many calories do u consume roughly now hun?

Does the band stop working as well after a few yrs?

Xxxx soz for questions lol

Ok, yes I know I am in my pjs at 6pm on a friday night - but here are some pictures xx

17st 6lbs - 4 and half weeks post op xxx

Attachments

• 20170818_175715.png
    20170818_175715.png
    3 MB · Views: 41
  • 20170818_175848.png
    20170818_175848.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20170818-175941.png
    Screenshot_20170818-175941.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 40
Don't be silly, questions are welcome, I had so much help on here, its nice to pass it on :)

Tbh I don't count calories, I just make sure I have 3 meals, I aim for at least 60g of protein a day, plenty of water/fluids
Eat your protein first, then your veg, then carbs if you are still hungry

Every day I have a little treat (usually a mini chocolate bar, or a packet of chip sticks, or a glass of wine)

Follow the rules, its mad that people can do what your mums friends do :(
Thats how bands slip, and then they go and blame the band, it makes me cross

Im coming up 3 years banded now, I think they work indefinitely as long as you follow the rules properly
Once you have restriction it is a fantastic tool
But its a tool, not a magic wand, and you really have to respect it and work with it

Honestly, by Christmas you will look like a different person, you already can see a massive difference x
Well done :) :)

I love my meat so wont have an issue there!! :rolleyes:

I think the same - if u push it to much, its just guna go wrong. It is nice that you come back and give others the support - its what we need!! You have obviously got your restriction now but do you still have to go back for fills every now and again?

I am a little bit excited for christmas but only because i know i will be a few stone lighter. I dont see some family until big events like christmas - big birthdays - weddings etc..plus i aint on fb or anything so it will be a complete shock to them -i dont plan on telling them, as some ov them r veryyyy judgemental and i cant be dealing with that!!

I totally agree with a lil treat each day, in theory you wont crave it and binge - if u having it little and often xxx

Just ate a sausage and small amount of chicken - good job i had veggies at lunch lol - stuffed/satisfied now!!

Xxxxx

Thought I would note down what I have eatten today as feel like I havent stopped ..hurry Tuesday (first band fill)...

B - 1 weetabix and milk (125 calories)
L - spinach, onion, mushroom, diced pachetta mixed with cream cheese (275 calories L portion)
D - same as lunch but much smaller with 3 fish fingers (300 calories)

Snacks - mini milk, 3 chocolate mice and 2 slices of ham with cream cheese (150 calories)

Soooo - although I have eatten a lot it is still only 850 calories. (It is alot isnt it???)

Think I am eatting to many sloppy foods so not filling me up (but they r tasty)...think I need precooked chicken to snack on...

Any other easy food ideas guys?

Eeekk xxxx

Hi Nickynoo, just saying Hi as a band is very different to a gastric bypass like as what I had so I don't feel qualified to offer advice or comment but I know you have read my diary so just wanted to say hi.

Hi Nickynoo, just saying Hi as a band is very different to a gastric bypass like as what I had so I don't feel qualified to offer advice or comment but I know you have read my diary so just wanted to say hi.

Heeeey! I sure am ;) and thank you!!! Waiting patiently for more updates on your diary lol xx

I really like the format of your diary - not commenting but everytime I get a notification I have a little read.

My diary is a bit of everything lol defo havent gone through anything like you have but everyone has their stories but not sure I am able to discuss mine yet ..maybe when I am closer to my goal and feel like I have left the 'old' me behind xx

Last edited:
Your right @Nickynooo you probably are having too much sloppy stuff, which will just go straight through the band and won't keep you full. Once you've had your fill and its settled down, it would be worth trying more substantial proteins. Such as chicken, eggs etc.

Good luck with your fill, do you have to go back to liquids after it? x

Your right @Nickynooo you probably are having too much sloppy stuff, which will just go straight through the band and won't keep you full. Once you've had your fill and its settled down, it would be worth trying more substantial proteins. Such as chicken, eggs etc.

Good luck with your fill, do you have to go back to liquids after it? x

Good idea - think I will, need to start prepping my lunches at work atm not eatting much during day so hungry at night.

Yeh i think i do for 3 days eekk.. and not allowed food or liquid 3 hours before fill. Was u advised the same? Xxx

Soooo guys - my first consultation since my op was amazing!!! He was so happy with me and he looked really shocked when he saw me..quietly said your looking really well (as it was in waiting room) went into his office and he was interested to know what i was eatting/any issues etc...he asked if i had tried meat n bread but said only white meat and a crumpet as I am just being careful.

He didnt tell me how much he put in my band as he said to many people get obsessed with numbers and read on forums that people have more. He wants me to listen to my body as everyone is different. I am actually so glad he done this, as i am a freak with numbers hahaah!!

He also said that if i am losing between 1-3lbs a week, he wont put anymore in when i see him nxt. I also agree with this - if i am losing weight, why make it too tight and then have issues ;)

Overall, I am over the moon that i have picked Dr Ahmed Hamouda. Seriously cannot ask for anything more.

Already looking forward to seeing him at next consultation. Dont know why, but it feels so good when ur surgeon says ur doing and looking great!! :rolleyes:

Xxx

Nickynooo you're looking amazing, well done!

LJJOHNs you've done really well too! - is the sleeve what you originally wanted or did you consider other WLS before hand? if so what swayed you towards the sleeve?

Sarah - i see you had the wrap in 2013 and the sleeve recently. Can i ask why please? did the wrap not work? do you regret getting the wrap 1st and not the sleeve? Where did you go for the sleeve?

Sorry for all the questions ladies!! Im at the decision making stage and thinking of taking Nickynooo advice and going to a consultation in the UK before booking for Europe xx

Back