• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey in Pictures (Gastric Band)...20st1lb too...

Arms not looking that bad so far.. weight shifting again..pheww!! Of to the pub for lunch and a few drinks :) first time I have eatten out ekk...

Told you it would hun! I've eaten out a few times too, my meal looks barely touched when I'm done. A few waitresses have asked if everything was okay with it lol I'm like yes just not got a big appetite! Have fun. X

I know haha!! Thanks bbe eekk

We just shared some chips lol and didnt eat them all tbh lol!

Wine seriously goes to my head now..had 2 glasses and felt nearly there lol!!!

Xxxx

Well today I have had:

Breakfast: one easy peel little orange, one small banana and two tablespoons of full fat Greek yoghurt.

Lunch: a few salad leaves, a tablespoon of full fat cottage cheese, 2 home grown cherry toms, a quarter of a cooked home grown beetroot, a few slices of cucumber from the greenhouse, a hard boiled egg and a bit of left over duck and spicy plum from the dinner party on Friday. I left some.

Dinner: Tonight I'll have some lamb curry that I cooked yesterday with half a slice of peshwari naan, which I probably won't finish.

I'm enjoying my food and I thought I would have to sacrifice my love of cooking, entertaining and food. I now eat small portions of the things I really like. I cook from scratch (but mostly did do before), and if I don't particularly like something I don't eat it. I eat so little so why waste calories on stuff you don't enjoy.

I eat protein first, then veggies, then carbs. But I've found that carbs at breakfast or lunch make me tired so I avoid them until dinner. A bit of a tasty bread roll is sometimes too tempting but it is a very little bit and with proper butter.

All the nonsense we have been fed about healthy diets over the last 40 years or so makes me angry. The food industry grabbed onto the low fat message and replaced fat with sugar. The NHS still spout the low fat message and the "heathy plate" has way too much carbs. IMHO.

Anyway, I cook my scrambled eggs with cream, I eat full fat yoghurt and cottage cheese. I use full fat creme fraiche to top a chilli I've cooked.

I eat high quality food, which is delicious, I just don't eat a lot of it. Anyone want to come round for dinner?

Well today I have had:

Breakfast: one easy peel little orange, one small banana and two tablespoons of full fat Greek yoghurt.

Lunch: a few salad leaves, a tablespoon of full fat cottage cheese, 2 home grown cherry toms, a quarter of a cooked home grown beetroot, a few slices of cucumber from the greenhouse, a hard boiled egg and a bit of left over duck and spicy plum from the dinner party on Friday. I left some.

Dinner: Tonight I'll have some lamb curry that I cooked yesterday with half a slice of peshwari naan, which I probably won't finish.

I'm enjoying my food and I thought I would have to sacrifice my love of cooking, entertaining and food. I now eat small portions of the things I really like. I cook from scratch (but mostly did do before), and if I don't particularly like something I don't eat it. I eat so little so why waste calories on stuff you don't enjoy.

I eat protein first, then veggies, then carbs. But I've found that carbs at breakfast or lunch make me tired so I avoid them until dinner. A bit of a tasty bread roll is sometimes too tempting but it is a very little bit and with proper butter.

All the nonsense we have been fed about healthy diets over the last 40 years or so makes me angry. The food industry grabbed onto the low fat message and replaced fat with sugar. The NHS still spout the low fat message and the "heathy plate" has way too much carbs. IMHO.

Anyway, I cook my scrambled eggs with cream, I eat full fat yoghurt and cottage cheese. I use full fat creme fraiche to top a chilli I've cooked.

I eat high quality food, which is delicious, I just don't eat a lot of it. Anyone want to come round for dinner?

This is so true - why worry, like u say - we eat such small portions it doesnt really matter! Sounds yummy and its obviously working for you xx

Do u drink alcahol often? If so, what do u tend to have?

Xx

I would prefer to have no alcohol at all but I am human. I've gone years without alcohol and felt so much better for abstaining. I had nothing at all for six months and then tested with a glass of wine.

Well for goodness sake I enjoyed it and nothing bad happened. I seriously wish I could just forsake it completely as it is empty calories and habit forming. But I have to honest with you and now drink gin as well. The one saving grace is I stick to the no fluids half an hour or an hour after meals and by then I'm not so bothered about having a "real" drink.

Well today I have had:

Yes please!!! X

This is so true - why worry, like u say - we eat such small portions it doesnt really matter! Sounds yummy and its obviously working for you xx

Do u drink alcahol often? If so, what do u tend to have?

Xx
Actually it does matter. I think you are missing my point. The low fat, high carb message is wrong and damaging. We have all been badly served by poor diet advice and a cynical food industry.

I stopped eating low fat three years ago and my T2 diabetes went into remission before WLS. The overall message should be to eat high quality, natural foods that have been processed as little as reasonable. WLS has helped me to cut out any crap from my diet and drastically reduce portion sizes.

Actually it does matter. I think you are missing my point. The low fat, high carb message is wrong and damaging. We have all been badly served by poor diet advice and a cynical food industry.

I stopped eating low fat three years ago and my T2 diabetes went into remission before WLS. The overall message should be to eat high quality, natural foods that have been processed as little as reasonable. WLS has helped me to cut out any crap from my diet and drastically reduce portion sizes.

Yes I did :doh: lol

It is scary - as yes, a lot of people including me, always go for the low fat option as u think it is better for you (as thats whats drilled into you) and I would really struggle justifying picking up the full fat option - even now..

We are not educated enough to actually understamd what goes into these foods and if it is actually the best option for you.

Its a hard one - as I get what your saying and it makes sense but i still dont know if i could change my habit/food choices...yet...

Because you do a lot of cooking from scratch you know exactly whats going down your throat..although I cook a lot of fresh meats etc (dont reli have frozen food) i dont ever make the sauces etc so naturally pick up "low fat" option. I am the same with cream cheese, yogurts etc. Always looking at calories...

Interesting one to think about really and why we make these choices...

Xx

I'm a carb addict. After spending a few years away from bread, rice, pasta and potatoes... I went back.

All those things mean butter, sauces, fats, sugars - all the things that do me serious damage. Taken 1.5 years to get my head back on track and cut them out.

Those are my weakness and demise. A little over 3 months bad carb free and I really really know the difference. Now to concentrate on staying on track

I am a carb addict too but i dont eat bread, pasta, rice - i purely eat potatoes lol but potatoes with every dinner.

To be honest the last 3 weeks have disappointed me slightly -

11th to 18th of august - 4lbs loss
19th to 24th of August - 2lbs loss
25th to 1st of September - 2lbs loss

I know 2lbs a week is still good but u cant help wanting more.

I have been thinking about what I am eatting and know I am eatting to many slider foods and creamy sauces so from now on - i am cutting back.

I really dont like dry food e.g. chicken breast n veg - its so plain!!

I am going to have steak with an egg tonight as I am sure this will fill me up more.

I am going back to see my surgeon in 7 weeks and hope to lose another stone.

Positive note - i am 1lb off 3 stone total loss (now 17st2lb in 8 weeks and half weeks) so I am so pleased with that!!

I love this site but wish there was more bandits so I can see what they struggle with, what their weight loss is etc - i just want peace of mind that I am doing ok. I see alot of bypass/sleeve people losing loads and struggle taking in food! I know u dont lose as much with bands and it is slower as u can eat more (until u have restriction)

Sorry to ramble on lol but i am just writing what is going on in my head right now lol..

Ps i do love my band :rolleyes:;) xxx

Well done on your loss and understanding of you personal demon! Carbs!!
It might seem slow but your band is working with you and you have achieved a great loss.
Keep going and I am sure you will achieve your goal.

Thanks hun - ur a babe, needed to here this. Hope your OK was reading your journey the other day - and u really have been through it, your amazing how you still support others when at times it has been shitty for you xxxx :hugs:

You are doing incredibly well @Nickynooo your body is going through so many changes, it needs chance to catch up. 2lb a week is very healthy weight loss and you should be proud! :) Half of the battle is admitting what we struggle with and let's face it, a band round the stomach doesn't take away all those issues with food that we had in the first place so don't be so hard on yourself and look ahead to the next few months xxxxx

2lb a week is still good going. The more you drop, the slower it gets (most of the time) and stalls are really really frustrating. I seem to be dropping about a little under 2lb a week this week and last week (I'm 1 month post sleeve)

Slowly, slowly catchy monkey..

Slower weight loss = less chance of excess loose skin - so look at it as a bonus !

@LJJohns2017 it is true, its the battle with the head that is the real challenge now as my appertite has seriously reduced. How have you found it, are you making healthier choices, have u had any treats? Xx

@sarahloveswelshcobs how are you getting on with your sleeve hun? Are you back on normal foods yet? Catchy monkey :D hahaa i know i just need to be patient it will come off eekk!!

Its such a buzz when u first have it done, coz i feel back to normal it doesnt actually feel like i have had weight loss surgery.

I know I need to do exercise as not sure how good my skin is guna be :confused:!!

Good news - I have lost 1lb meaning I have now lost 3stone :D buzzing!!!

The more sleep I get, it seems to come off quicker lol!!

Wohoo :banana_dancer:

I'm pretty much on normal foods.

I could NOT cope with puree.

I did 12 days on fluids, about 10 days on scrambled egg and cottage cheese and am now on pretty much anything.

I say pretty much anything - but I'm being sensible. Mince and gravy, sausage and gravy, single egg omlet, even a small piece of chicken, home hot smoked (cooked) salmon and cold smoked (raw), fish in a little sauce or a little weight watchers tuna tin. Small piece of home smoked cheese - a little amount tastes like loads - as a snack

I tend to have a large skimmed milk latte in the morning on the way to work (that lasts me until about noon) , a no sugar protein bar thing for lunch or a cuppa soup.... sometimes when really busy I'm bad and totally forget....., a small meal in the evening and as a snack, half a banana or a couple of apple rings (with skin off) spread with a tiny bit of peanut butter as an evening snack.

I know my limits from the plication previously and I'm not pushing it. No reflux etc and havent been sick

I was really lucky. Went from around 22st to now 14st and dont have any loose skin. Im hoping I get away with it...

(I'm a lb down today too ! :) )

I'm pretty much on normal foods.

I could NOT cope with puree.

I did 12 days on fluids, about 10 days on scrambled egg and cottage cheese and am now on pretty much anything.

I say pretty much anything - but I'm being sensible. Mince and gravy, sausage and gravy, single egg omlet, even a small piece of chicken, home hot smoked (cooked) salmon and cold smoked (raw), fish in a little sauce or a little weight watchers tuna tin. Small piece of home smoked cheese - a little amount tastes like loads - as a snack

I tend to have a large skimmed milk latte in the morning on the way to work (that lasts me until about noon) , a no sugar protein bar thing for lunch or a cuppa soup.... sometimes when really busy I'm bad and totally forget....., a small meal in the evening and as a snack, half a banana or a couple of apple rings (with skin off) spread with a tiny bit of peanut butter as an evening snack.

I know my limits from the plication previously and I'm not pushing it. No reflux etc and havent been sick

I was really lucky. Went from around 22st to now 14st and dont have any loose skin. Im hoping I get away with it...

(I'm a lb down today too ! :) )

You have and are doing amazing bbe. Its good ur having a variety of foods - thats lovely to hear..i will see how i get on with skin -i will defo try n do that down nhs route if its an issue xx

Back