• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey in Pictures (Gastric Band)...20st1lb too...

Sooo thought I would right some stuff down, how my experience has been so far, my worries, what I need to work on, how I feel etc - might be interesting/helpful for a few of you but if not hey hooo - its my diary n all that lol!

In the last few months I have obvs had my gastric band, I also had a new tattoo and 2 sessions of tattoo removal (like chip fat spitting on ur skin, not nice), its asif I am addicted to pain or sumin lol! When I am having these things done it makes me feel good about myself, no matter how painful they may be..as I am trying to change the way I look, and although i have lost weight and look so much better - i still feel the same, asif i havent lost weight at all. I am currently laying on my bed feeling all bloated - until i take pics or look at myself first thing in the morning i dnt actually realise how different i do look.

The comments start to wear off when ur wl slows down and I am no longer addicted to jumping on the scales as it started to annoy me that it wasn't moving ever day.

.... more to follow...

My experience with my provider has been poor and in total i have received 4 calls from them, if i didnt have this site or friends who have had it - id be really worried and annoyed but it has put my mind to rest when speaking to friends n reading other blogs.

I have no pain, I can feel my port under my skin (i weirdly like that haha, touch it when I lay down ;)) ..my meal sizes have really really reduced, i very rarely have carbs, meals r usually meat n veggies - i am a massive potatoe fan but by the time i eat the meat n that, i dnt actually fancy carbs. I drink loads, like 3/4ltrs a day, i have 1 can of diet coke a day (was worried about that, but goes down fine).. before my op i drank like 8 cans a day (crazy i know) so my addition has now stopped. My only problem with food is snacking and this tends to happen at night - need a kick up the ass! If i have a bigger dinner, i dnt tend to snack so maybe i need to increase a bit more.

I have been sick once, food stuck around 6 times (just liquid stuff comes up) reli horrible feeling but its when i forget i have a band n eat too quick. Usually cheese n crackers lol i stuff a whole one in my mouth n then i am like hmmmm, shudnt have done that.

I need to start some sort of exercise but hate the gym and no energy when i get home from work. Also just started a payroll degree in the evenings which is mentally draining. I know i need to make the time n stop making excuses...

...more to come...

I am really wanting to feel restriction and hope my next fill helps, i am worried about seeing my surgeon as I dont feel like I have lost enough since the last time i saw him..feel like a failure (bad head gremlin) but just need to be honest as i know what I am doing wrong.

My hair is falling out a lot so going to order some tablets to help that, my confidence is growing - if u guys was to meet me, u wud say how confident n loud i am (but theres a lot going on in my head and some acting) - i am also very defensive, dont take critisium very well, i know its due to the amount of years of nasty comments i have had so i do act quite tuff, on a positive I am actually starting to believe in myself a lot more and not needing as much reassurance from others.

I am doing my thing and i dont actually care (in a nice way) what u think "kinda attitude" lol - god i have always wanted to be "liked" by everyone but now i feel i have some selfworth.

Rant over for now - on the whole, wl is still a work in progress, i feel a massive change, still things too work on but big lesson to myself - stop being so bloody hard on urself :D

Not many people want to be fat, if u have weight issues - u r punished for it in so many ways but it doesn't make us bad people - there r often reasons behind weight gain but who doesnt like food - i am blessed in so many ways n i do love life n wls has made it so much better

:painting: xxxxx

Ohh another positive, I no longer bite my nails lol (dirty habit) but was so scared it wud get stuck lol ..nice n long - defo looking after myself more :D

Attachments

• 20171111_192037.jpg
    20171111_192037.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
My face has changed as well and I'm beginning to feel like me again.

I was overweight until about 2002 and then I was so unhappy with all the travelling I had to do for work and I finally had someone to come home to it all added up. Unhealthy meals in hotels and restaurants plus dinners together when I was home whereas previously I would have very little to eat over the weekend.

I'm pleased for all the positives for you. And yes, it is your diary so let rip!

My face has changed as well and I'm beginning to feel like me again.

I was overweight until about 2002 and then I was so unhappy with all the travelling I had to do for work and I finally had someone to come home to it all added up. Unhealthy meals in hotels and restaurants plus dinners together when I was home whereas previously I would have very little to eat over the weekend.

I'm pleased for all the positives for you. And yes, it is your diary so let rip!

Its crazy, I was defo a secret eatter..stopping on way home from work at the shops to get dinner but i wud have a sneeky snack just to get me home. If i went n got mcdonalds id have a extra burger on the quiet on the drive home.

Its mental but i was so out of control, i am glad i have a tool to now control me.

Would love to see some pics hun xxx

Amazing is what I think x

Soo minus 2lbs today ;)

Went for a review with my surgeon today and he is so pleased with me. He said I dont need a fill as I exceeded his target wl for me. Going to go back after Christmas and he will review me again.

I love that I see him and not a nurse, as most people never see their surgeon again. I love that he doesn't rush things and sets sensible targets and I love that he says no, even when I really wanted a fill.

The reason I am happy for him to say no, is so I dont go OTT and end up being sick, I am losing weight, I am happy with my portion size - so yes, I am happy to continue as I am until my weight stalls or stops

Xxxx

Soo minus 2lbs today ;)

Went for a review with my surgeon today and he is so pleased with me. He said I dont need a fill as I exceeded his target wl for me. Going to go back after Christmas and he will review me again.

I love that I see him and not a nurse, as most people never see their surgeon again. I love that he doesn't rush things and sets sensible targets and I love that he says no, even when I really wanted a fill.

The reason I am happy for him to say no, is so I dont go OTT and end up being sick, I am losing weight, I am happy with my portion size - so yes, I am happy to continue as I am until my weight stalls or stops

Xxxx

That’s fab babe pleased your on track and slow and steady wins the race xxxx

Back