• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey in Pictures (Gastric Band)...20st1lb too...

So little off wls topic but as I am going through a major "me" change (feel like I am putting my body through it recently lol) i had my laser tattoo removal today - actually suprised how good it went lol..

Felt like fat from the frying pan spitting onto ur skin but over n over.. I seriously feel like I can handle anything atm - wls has made me realise that I am stronger and braver than I ever thought and how much my appearance n self esteem means to me.

Sooo few more sessions and I will no longer have a tattoo I hate lol...ohh worst thing was the smell..eww burning skin = not good o_O

Anyway...food update - i have been terrible today!! Too many snacks - back on it tomorrow n focused again

Xxxxx

Sooo guys..only lost 1/2lb but tbh i know why... i have been eatting to many snacky foods.

There is a reason for this and I will explain...

Sooo I am a payroll manager and this time last yr I put myself forward for this disability confident project and gave a guy with autism a 6 week work placement. The reason i wanted to do this is due to my mum having cerebral palsy so its something quite close to my heart.

The placement went amazing, his confidence and communication has improved so much and its been a really amazing experience. I have since offered him a paid fixed term contract so its been really positive.

However, when u do something good - my work tend to wana hear more and get others involved. So my head of service asked me to attend the directors management meeting and deliver a presentation on my experience and how we can get more managers to be disability confident.

Well...the presentation was this thursday and i was soooo nervous - the director plus 10 head of services can be quite daunting.

Good news is..i done it and it went amazingly - i didnt have the anxiety that i usually have for big presentations and the feedback has seriously put a massive smile on my face!!!

Due to work worries i ate more rubbish food butttt i honestly think, due to feeling better about myself it is helping with work tasks and having more confidence.

I am so pleased and feel i can tackle anything right now... in a way its good as they now want me to deliver it to another set of 50 managers in October looool...

Very happy bunny :bunnydance:

Xxx

I'm so pleased that things are going well for you at work. That is a brilliant confidence boost.

OK, I'm now going to be a little bit harsh. Don't use stress or success at work as an excuse. You have paid good money to put yourself through surgery and we all know that any surgery is risky. So far you have been quite well. Are you really ready to sabotage all that by snacking? You know what you need to do to make this work so get on and do it. If you are struggling to do that then talk to the medical team to get help.

This well meant kick up the arse is brought to you courtesy of someone who has been there, got the T-shirt and the scars.

I'm so pleased that things are going well for you at work. That is a brilliant confidence boost.

OK, I'm now going to be a little bit harsh. Don't use stress or success at work as an excuse. You have paid good money to put yourself through surgery and we all know that any surgery is risky. So far you have been quite well. Are you really ready to sabotage all that by snacking? You know what you need to do to make this work so get on and do it. If you are struggling to do that then talk to the medical team to get help.

This well meant kick up the arse is brought to you courtesy of someone who has been there, got the T-shirt and the scars.

Lol .. I know its an excuse, although I have the band - my brain hasnt been fixed and my habits are still being worked on :p

I am very self aware so I know I wont mess it all up, sometimes just hard to stay on track as my restriction is basically minimal.

But thank you - obvs not what I wana hear but its what I need to hear x

I am so mentally drained some evenings I cba to cook healthy meal so need to get some quick healthy options for days like these.

Hope your OK :) xx

Food diary for today (27/9/17):

B - 2 yoghurts 220calories
L - pasta mug shot 240calories
D - 8 pieces of homemade popcorn chicken, brocolli and table spoon of potatoe, spinkle of cheese - maybe 450 calories maximum

Total - 910calories

So -2lbs (16st9) .. i have started to accept that i have long stalls :p

I have only had 1 fill so hopefully my nxt fill on the 14th of November (3 whole months gap meh) will give me some restriction :)

This time 3 months ago (nearly) i was 3 stone 6lbs heavier so i am v pleased xx

Last edited:

I have only had 1 fill so hopefully my nxt fill on the 14th of November (3 whole months gap meh) will give me some restriction :)

Well done you should be very proud of yourself x

Well done chick, you’re doing so well! :) Xxx

Excellent NSV with the presentation @Nickynooo ! Great increase in confidence!

Being aware of the mental need to snack and eat the wrong things is the first step.

Being able to take that awareness and either control it to allow yourself a taste of whatever food it is, rather than a full meal/ full bar/ binge or to be able to let yourself know that actually you don't want it - because that is not who you are any more - that is the stage we are all aiming for!

Excellent NSV with the presentation @Nickynooo ! Great increase in confidence!

Being aware of the mental need to snack and eat the wrong things is the first step.

Being able to take that awareness and either control it to allow yourself a taste of whatever food it is, rather than a full meal/ full bar/ binge or to be able to let yourself know that actually you don't want it - because that is not who you are any more - that is the stage we are all aiming for!

Well said, I defo feel like I can enjoy everything (have no issues with any foods so far) but in small portions. Its the way I should have always been but I used to go completely crazy and be a complete pig!! Wls has enabled me to have a treat like a normal person would, instead of it being an every day occurance.

Thanks for the message bbe :rolleyes:

Xxxx

Hey chickie :)
Hows things?
Hope all is ok, keep posting x x x

Hey hun, yeh havent reli wanted to post tbh as no movement here. I know everyone is so supportive but it starting to put me down (selfish i know) hearing how well everyone was doing so decided not to over think it and just chill.

Cant wait to go back for my nxt fill -its been far to long xxxx

Hey hun, yeh havent reli wanted to post tbh as no movement here. I know everyone is so supportive but it starting to put me down (selfish i know) hearing how well everyone was doing so decided not to over think it and just chill.

Cant wait to go back for my nxt fill -its been far to long xxxx

I was geting worried that I hadn’t heard from you babe, was going to write on your profile today. Try not to get too disheartened, mine has slowed down too but trying to take it in my stride and think of what we’ve already achieved. When is your next fill? Xxxx

Keep posting @Nickynooo, I haven't been on here for a while and was wondering how you were doing.

Remember we're here to support you through your journey, which won't always be straightforward but nonetheless, it's your journey. As @Oopseydaisy says, slow and steady wins the race.

Is there any chance you can bring your next fill forwards? xx

Thanks @Laaux @Oopseydaisy and @Mazza

You are all amazing and so supportive.

My next fill is on the 14th of November and I cant bring it forward due to surgeon on holiday but i am sure itl come round quick.

U r defo right that it will come off but in time, i know some surgeries work straight away but atm i have no restriction so at times it can be a bit of a battle.

Its crazy how we compare ourselves to others but i must be honest and I havent really done any exercise..however a friend is moving a few houses away so we guna start going for runs ;)

Thank you all :hugs:

So me and my friend who had a band done few weeks before me are txing eat other every thing that passes our mouths this week..mainly so I keep an eye on snacks n see if it helps noting down my intake

Had 950 calories today and not eating anything else..

Mainly a spinage/bacon mix, fish for dinner n grapes n yogurt for desert - plus a babybel light.

I will keep u posted if it helps me shift some weight lol xx

Attachments

• 20171022_183538.jpg
    20171022_183538.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG-20171022-WA0040.jpeg
    IMG-20171022-WA0040.jpeg
    729.8 KB · Views: 16
Your doing amazingly well and 2lb a week is truly awesome, please don’t be despondent I can only echo slow and steady etc xx

Back