• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey in Pictures (Gastric Band)...20st1lb too...

x.Nicky.x

I will be adding pics throughout my journey but it has just began so bear with ...lol...

20st 1lbs (4th July 17) - family holiday in Malta

Started pre op diet 5th of July x

Attachments

• 20170701_190552.jpg
    20170701_190552.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:

x.Nicky.x

Thought I would give you an update on the last 3 weeks -

1st week - didnt fancy food what so ever and had to remind myself to eat. The injections were horrible and i dreaded every single one of them - some were ok, some really painful and my belly was really bruised. I found getting up out of bed really painful and bending over and sleeping was slightly uncomfy. Wearing a bra was a nightmare so got a bra that was really lose around the back.

2nd week - appertite returned, no injections (yayy) and was able to move about alot better. Lived on soup, diet shakes and actimel yogurts. Scars healed amazingly and was able to go back to work.

3rd week - able to eat soft foods, mash, cheese (grated), tuna and mayo, fish in sauce, spinage with cream cheese (amazing) ice poles and mini milks - thicker soups etc. I feel satisfied now the foods r thicker and more stodgy - can down 200mls of liquid with ease and overall feel really positive. However - my period (tmi soz) has started and its the heaviest it has everrrrr been, not enjoying that tbh lol!! I am moving about as normal, still tied at times but i fill flatter and less chunky. I reakon I am having between 700-900 calories each day.

This week has been a bit emotional for me - it kinda hit me that I have made such a big change to my life (positive change but a big one!!). Other night I just cried randomly but I have been v lucky that my amazing bf has been so understanding. He mentioned that his started to notice my wl and its such a good feeling.

I am excited for my first band fill which will be on the 22nd. One thing I really want to be careful with is not getting it to tight, i am happy with my portion size, just want my hunger to reduce slightly. I have been logged into this site every day, i really find it so useful and enjoy reading everyones updates.

I am excited for the next few months and excited to start feeling normal and good again!! I plan on having an amazing new years and celebrating what I have achieved this yr.

Me and a close friend (she had her band 6 weeks before me) are going to have a photoshoot done once we hit our targets - buzzing for that!!!!

Hope someone in the future finds this blog helpful

xxxxxx :boohoo:

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hormones go into overdrive with weight loss, so all perfectly normal. The tears are probably a combination of said hormones coupled with post op blues.

I'm sure many people will find your posts helpful and its lovely to see how optimistic you are. I'm sure your going to rock this band and achieve the loss you want to x

sarahloveswelshcobs

Glad you are doing this ... I didn't do regular photos before when I had the plication. I really could not come to terms with the smaller me and hated the camera. Took me literally a couple of years to adjust.

The differences already are incredible Nicky !

It wasn't until I went and had professional photos done with my son that I could accept I wasn't massive any more.

I'm within 4lb of my best ever weight with the plication now - but have just had a sleeve done to try and finish the original job I started several years ago

I'm dark now rather than blonde ... but went from a size 24/26 to 16 (which I am now).

I keep this photo on my phone to remind me
How far I've already come

Attachments

• IMG_2958.JPG
    IMG_2958.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 53

x.Nicky.x

Glad you are doing this ... I didn't do regular photos before when I had the plication. I really could not come to terms with the smaller me and hated the camera. Took me literally a couple of years to adjust.

The differences already are incredible Nicky !

It wasn't until I went and had professional photos done with my son that I could accept I wasn't massive any more.

I'm within 4lb of my best ever weight with the plication now - but have just had a sleeve done to try and finish the original job I started several years ago

I'm dark now rather than blonde ... but went from a size 24/26 to 16 (which I am now).

I keep this photo on my phone to remind me
How far I've already come

Thank you hun, I have lost quite abit of weight before (and put it on and some) so i was keen to document it throughout. I hope to take pics every 2 weeks, even if i dnt feel the difference hopefully pics will - or in time they will.

You have done amazing and the pictures seriously show that!! Make sure u do regular pictures now u have the sleeve, as i would love to see the progress!!

Hope your healing well and taking it as easy as possible :)

xxxxxx

Last edited:

x.Nicky.x

Start weight (5/07/17) - 20st1
Pre op weight (18/07/17) - 19st.1
Current weight (5/08/17) - 17st.9

Total 34lbs (2st6lbs)
Since op 4 weeks ago (tomorrow) 20lbs :stickdance:

Is it weird that I dont actualy feel that much slimmer lol! I will take more pictures at the weekend xxx

Laaux

Start weight (5/07/17) - 20st1
Pre op weight (18/07/17) - 19st.1
Current weight (5/08/17) - 17st.9

Total 34lbs (2st6lbs)
Since op 4 weeks ago (tomorrow) 20lbs :stickdance:

Is it weird that I dont actualy feel that much slimmer lol! I will take more pictures at the weekend xxx

That's fab hun well done xxx

sarahloveswelshcobs

well done. 20lb is good going !

My op was 2 weeks ago and I'm about 6lb down .... but I've also had a cold, period and had quite a bit of inflammation. I'm guessing I may well have a better loss over this next week or two.

x.Nicky.x

Thanks both :p

Sarah my weight loss slowed down loads during 2nd week but then picked up again.

Ur doing great too!!! xx :bunnydance:

-2lbs...17st7lbs eekk

Last edited: