• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Milk Date starting 3rd April 2012 for 2 Weeks!

Bluebutterflier

Bouncing Bander
Hi all

So im on day 3 of the milk diet.....

My gastric band operation is due on the 17th April 2012 at St.Richards Hospital in Chichester.

First day was terrible...had to fight some food demons out of my head lol

Second day I was more prepared, but kept feeling sick like a baby who needs winding after too much milk :)

And today....im much better...tried an organic french onion stock cube instead of a teaspoon of marmite, and it was much more filling, in hot water of course, as a sort of cuppa soup. So I shall be trying a chicken stock cube tomorrow.

Day 4....

Not hungry, not really bothered about food.......Easy going day...Wish i had energy to do more....but watching my boyfriend do the gardening while im online, is enough for me lol

I sailed through day 5 without a problem...even went out to a cafe with my partner and friends and they ate in front of me and it didnt bother me at all....I had a coffee :)

Now on day 6, and im feeling the same towards the diet....its a lot easier now....

But I came on my period yesterday so a bit of pain and lethargy today :(

Lol thanks Huracaneal -by the way -whats that name mean?

Oh duhhh I didnt read it as hurricane al....lol

Im pee'd off with myself!

Day 8:
Yesterday I was buzzing around, doing shopping etc, and didnt drink enough fluids or milk...by the time I got home, I could only consume about 2 and a half pints of milk before Bedtime. So I didnt fill my quota of 4 pints of semi skimmed milk and 2 pints of other fluids.

Day 9:
Then today............I was doing some soups for when Ive had my operation, and stupidly of me...without thinking....as I was cutting some butternut squash into cubes, I picked one cube up and ate it, and as I swallowed it, I knew then -DAMN IT - Im not meant to be eating!....but it was too late, it was gone...:(...Its put me on a downer a bit!

I must say....I have noticed....I have much more energy these days...is it because im not eating carbs? is it because im drinking loads of milk which is protein?

Either way, Im not complaining :)

Hi Blue
Great to read your diary I am starting my milk diet on Sunday for three weeks and have been seriously concerned about how I will cope. Was worrying about the hunger but hopefully after day three it goes. My band is been done on 6th May cant wait now just want to get going.

Hi Blue
Great to read your diary I am starting my milk diet on Sunday for three weeks and have been seriously concerned about how I will cope. Was worrying about the hunger but hopefully after day three it goes. My band is been done on 6th May cant wait now just want to get going.

hi Kay

Get through the first few days and your'll be fine....

What is your milk diet - is it the same as my one?.....as if it is...make sure you get as many flavours of sugar free jelly if you like it....and crusha no added sugar milkshake mix to make the milk not so tedious....

And do a checklist, stick it on the fridge or in the kitchen, so you can mark off how much you have had, and to make sure you have taken all the extras your meant too...ie: multivitamin and salty drink (marmite/oxo)

I suspect your probably eating much more regularly so fewer blood sugar slumps and jumps I know that was the case for me

Hmmm I didnt think of it that way Yve....Thanks...

No worries :) I am feeling the same myself. Although I forgot how hard chlorine is on the skin and eyes. My skin was so raw I had to massage bio oil into my face as I couldn't tolerate cream.

So day 11 almost over.....and it wasnt so bad today....I will admit to thinking about food from time to time...and wondering how I've survived this long on the milk diet..

Not long now....till my Operation on Tuesday.

I've finally finished my period today, so Im pleased about that.

I also weighted myself on day 4 of the milk diet, and my scales said I had lost 11lbs!....I was shocked and happy....But have decided, as I had my period, and I swell/bloat up...that its best not to weigh myself....i'm sure they will do on the morning I'm admitted into hospital for my operation...Then I'll see how much i've lost.

I am almost there :) two days now of milk - done two of my soups, love my new blender :)

Ohh good on ya....doing your soups!

ive got 3 days of milk to go...easier seeing it that way isnt it lol

Im now writing a list of what to pack...to take to the hospital.

I will check my bag tomorrow morning so can pop to asda if anythings missing or I think of something to add. Bought icecube bags as I started worrying about storing in the freezer, figure this way I can just break out what I need.

So....Day 12 is drawing to an end....

Found the food thing a bit harder today...it wasnt because I was hungry, as once you drink the milk, it fills you up. Its because we had friends out and temptations were in my eyes....Biscuits!.....Im not a chocoholic, but im a biscuitoholic :(....this is my biggest failure....Oh well...i'll have to cut them out of the house in future!

Dont fear, im still on the milk diet, never touched one!....

2 days of this milk diet to go!

Last edited:
Well done for staying away from the biscuits!! That's amazing I think with your will power the weight will just fall off you xx

Back