• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my niece is 16

karenlouisemee

OMG i am in such shock today i visited the doctors with my 16 year old niece. she has been my baby since the day she was born and today i found out she is 10 weeks pregnant. well to say i broke my heart would be an understatement. im not angry with her more disappointed she is so clever and could have done anything with her life. i love her so much and nothing will change that but im finding it so hard to come to terms with. any suggestions would be grately appreciated.:cry:

I am sure she will need her aunty more than ever now, and plenty of support.

Aw I feel for you hun. I cant really give any advice as I havnt been in your situation. All I can think is that she is probably really scared at the moment even if she wont admit it. Just try and be there for her if she needs you, Im sure she will. Its really sad as at 16 they think they know it all and we all know they really dont. Shes still the girl you love though X (HUG) X

i will always love her no matter what she has be my angel since the day she was born and will be til the day i die. i just wish i could make it all better for her she is so scared. thanks for the replies though i am amazed that there are so many level headed people on here to give advice because as of 3pm this afternoon my head has gone to mush. thanksxxxxxxxx

My advice is to do what you have been doing all her life - love her and support her. Big hugs to you both xx

The thing you need to do is be there and support her. She is a frightened little girl who is going to need support with whatever decision she needs to take!

Give yourself time to get over the shock and then sit with her and ask her what she wants to do! She may want to make a decision you and the family may not like but is scared. She needs you more than ever now, be strong! xx

I agree with all the above.
Be her aunt, be there for her, follow her lead..... what does she want to do?
If she asks you what her options are then tell her all her options and allow her to make the informed choice.
Just being there and not telling her what to do is the best thing for her.
Bright kids sometimes get things wrong, but it doesnt mean her life is ruined, it jsut takes a different path.

I have 16 year old twins (boy girl) and seen some of their mates make some stupid mistakes but some have come out smelling of roses some havent. Those who have done well have been given the chance to make an informed choice x
GOOD LUCK and I hope she is OK with whatever decision she makes
Shells
x

well the decision has been made im am to be a great aunt and i am slowly coming to terms with my baby having a baby. we have been and brought books for her to read through with every gory detail being shown. We have spent the last few evenings watchin one born every minute and a program on viva called 16 and pregnant bless her heart

Aw my heart goes out to you, my daughter was 19 when she had her first baby and I still felt she was too young. You will cope and it will probably bring you closer together..... and you will have a new baby to cuddle :D x

I'm a firm believer in "everything happens for a reason" & whilst things feel bad now I'm sure it will all work out. How lucky that ur niece has such a loving, caring & supportive aunt like u. Not everyone is so lucky. Take care

Back