• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

my nurse scrubs

shannon_hilder

well i cannot believe it! i have been off of work for 4 weeks today, my last day at work i had my nurse scrubs on...the biggest size they had which was an XXL, and they were skin tight..i mean so tight that if i bent over to pick something up off of the floor, they would have definately ripped (how embarrassing would that have been??) ...seeing as i am going back to work tomorrow i decided to try them on to see how they fit...now although the scales are showing me the results that i like, not for one minute did i realise that my body shape would be changing...stupid i know but i was obsessed with what the scales say! so here i am trying my scrubs on...and guess what....they are very loose, very comfy and very easy to get over my big bottom!!!! Its the little things that matter to me..the way my scrubs fit, made me even more determined than ever to get to the gym, exercise and swim or walk.... i am sure my consultant can understand how much i needed this op for health reasons...but does he really understand how he saved my life? how he saved me from the onset of depression? how he saved my marriage,because although my husband loved me no matter what, i didnt really love myself... i am starting to like myself again..i know i have a long way to go but tiny steps is all it takes for me to be happy...sorry for my little sob story xxxxx

Hey that is so great:):) I also wear scrubs and on my list of incentives was to wear "normal" sized scrubs, not XXL! Well done you. Do you only now feel ready to return to work? I'm not sure how much time I'll need off (work as a midwife) so am just having to wait and see I think. I've told them 2 weeks at the moment, then I've 2 weeks a/l but wonder whether I'll be fit to take it - if not then I guess I get another sick note from GP.

Great to hear your progress:)

hi minxie...i only took 2 weeks off and then my A/L fell straight in after that for 2 weeks so i guess i was lucky...my boss is off for two weeks when i get back so i am in charge, and everyone is really good and supportive at work with my op so i guess my delegation skills might have to come out if i am having trouble with the struggle..i do feel ready though...i went to the GP last thursday and i asked him what he thought...he said that if i felt i can cope then to go back...i also had an occupational health appt last week to see if i was ready..and they seem to be happy with me also...i had a very straight forward recovery..i was up walking around 3 hours after i got back to my room from surgery and i continued to walk around although at times it was painful i knew that i had to make a big effort to recover for my own good, but i didnt overdo it... my wounds healed within a week without any problems also...so i think if you have a good non eventful recovery with the support you need at work, then you will be good....

I know where you are coming from I have found clothes that fit and are not standard chub issue already and can not wait till I can dance topless in a sweaty night club lol!

I know where you are coming from I have found clothes that fit and are not standard chub issue already and can not wait till I can dance topless in a sweaty night club lol!

oi phil if you are dancing topless in a sweaty night club, dont forget to invite me!! lol

Well done. Its a lovely feeling fitting into clothes that never fit before mind you it is lovely growing out of them as they are too big toooooo. Also you saying about liking yourself I am just learning to do that and it is a nice feeling.

Well done again hope work goes ok for you

Jo
xx

Put your order in at work for new scrubs!Way to go girl its the best feeling ever isnt it?Wait till its 5st off its fantastic and soooooooooo unbelievable,me 13st something in 14/16s!Maz x

That is Fab, and soon you will be ordering the next size down, and the next...

awhh thank you everyone... the support on this site exceeds the support that is around me by far...i think its because you all understand because you have been there as well... xxx

Omg! Awesome! I am a nurse and when I worked in theatres i used to hate those xx scrubs. I was so jealous of the smaller nurses who looked so comfy! Well done xxxx

Well done Shannon. I'm a nurse too and remember going to theatre when I was doing my training (7yrs ago), I was petrified that the scrubs wouldn't fit!!!! like you I had the largest ones and they were skin tight. I've recently spent the day in theatre and picked up the medium (hoping they'd fit) to find they were to big and fitted in the small
:) Its such a great feeling, although,i do think it takes a while for your brain to catch up with the reality that your getting smaller!
well done hun, donna x

Hi, isn't it great when clothes start to be too loose? Wait until you buy that first piece of clothing from a 'normal' shop. I'm afraid I couldn't see the picture of you in your scrubs, I could only find your pre-op pictures which showed a stunning person. Wonder what you'll be like when you've lost the weight!!!

Hi, isn't it great when clothes start to be too loose? Wait until you buy that first piece of clothing from a 'normal' shop. I'm afraid I couldn't see the picture of you in your scrubs, I could only find your pre-op pictures which showed a stunning person. Wonder what you'll be like when you've lost the weight!!!

i havent got any pics with me in my scrubs, i will take some when i can and get them up xxx

Well done Shannon :-D

Back