• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My poor bum!

cheekybum

Since having my bypass and losing a bit of weight, my poor bum has taking a really battering, every seat is uncomfortable, and even sitting in the bath is now not so much of a joy! I think i may have to ask father christmas for a rubber ring to sit on, or a memory foam pillow, if having a sore bum is the only downfall to losing weight, it is worth every bit of pain xx

That is the one bit of padding that I do miss...my butt gets sore so easily now, my poor coccyx is really suffering, I am having to find more inventive ways of sitting as my poor skinny butt isnt having much fun at the moment. I wouldnt have my big fat butt back though I must admit.
Steph xx

Believe me it doesn't get any better, I could cut glass with my tail bone trust me LOL. I can't sit in one position for more than ten seconds, I reckon that's why I lost all that weight fidgeting all the time LMFAO

So you laughed it off Karlos!

omg i hope this doesnt happen to meeeee ive always had (.)(.)'s and ass x

Me too ! When I fell over the other week I (almost) wished I had my padding back !

Sounds painful... but I suffer so much with my spine already it'll be more of the same probably for me...

I'll remember to carry and extra cushion... in my handbag... thanks for the tip.

Love and hugs to everyone xxx

Blimey Bev . . what size handbag do you have!!!!!? My butt has been on a car seat all day today and I too can feel my seat bones. Wow not felt them for a fair few years. I am hoping to be able to get back on a horse shortly but may resort to cycling shorts with gel in!!! - Actually at this rate we could all wear them all the time to protect our skinny little bots!

My pain management nurse told me that rubber rings arent good for this type of pain and can cause pressure sores, a proper coccyx cushion is better but still not fab, she saus to think of it as a good pain as it means things are working and it should get a bit better as your bum gets used to it. Paracetamol can help.

Unfortunately it doesn't get better for everyone. 2 1/2 years post op and this is still a very painful problem for me. Sitting anywhere hurts, as does lying on my back for long periods. Baths are a nightmare! I would day though my coccyx is VERY prominent, and my bum has completely disappeared. I have no bum curve at all, just straight up and down!

This is a problem for me too, though it doesn't seem to be as painful at the moment as it was a few weeks ago.
I hope it doesn't get any worse. My bum is shrinking rapidly though. I like he sound of the gel-filled cycle shorts!
Grace xxx

I have got them Grace - they are the business! I use them at the gym on the cycles or else it kills!! Definitely going to try them when I ride a horse again too . . .

I'm planning to yes, bu having spinal surgery jan/feb so want to get that out of the way first. I left it so long because everyone always says it gets better, but I think after this long it won't.

I had my coccyx broken when I had my first daughter delivered by forceps. Apparently it was 'tucked right under' due to horseriding! Anyway not nice and had to have it manipulated under anaesthetic afterwards to put it back to where it should be.

Four stone down and I can feel it as painful when I sit for long so not sure what it will feel like on a horse! Ouch, ouch, ouch!! Perhaps I shall wear TWO pairs of gel cycling shorts.

Back