• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

coxis pain

rybens

yorkie puddin!
Hi guys not sure if any of you are experiencing this but im having lots of trouble with it, i didnt have a massive but to start with but after loseing seven stone iv not got as my padding in the old bum area. If i sit on a hard surface it feels like the bone at the bace of my spine the coxis is so painfull i can not even have a bath for this reason because to sit is so uncompfy even wearing thongs is becoming a problem and im not a big knicker type of wearer ;) iv got lots more weight to lose and am getting megga worried as to just how bad this is going to get as sitting for long periods of time hurts too i took the kids to the cinema today and my backside is killing me now :(
I watched a program on weightloss surgery and one woman had to have her coxis removed because it was becoming a such a problem to her life ,before the bypass when she had the weight on she didnt have a problem but as the weight came of it started to protrude as it is with me , so just wondered if any one had any experience or had heard of any body having problems with theres x

OOOOO thats a new one on me, it makes sense to feel hard surfaces more as the weight drops but if it is giving you problems like this I would speak to someone. Sounds like it shouldnt be that painful to me. X

Oh no, ouch. I would go and see your doctor hun. Even at my weight I've felt uncomfortable sitting on very hard surfaces (dirty minds lol.) No seriously i have. I hope you get it sorted hun coz i found it uncomfortable so at your weight it must be hell xxx

Never heard of it but i can say that my left hip aches in bed during the night. Towards the end of my sleep i'm tossing and turning because i'm aware of it... Seems i'm not alone in this either... xx

I have the same problem with my cocyx, and its not improved 2 years out. I tend to keep a cushion in the car so that if we end up somewhere with hard seats I can sit on it. I rarely have baths and never a long one. I've just adapted to be honest. My husband's hand wandered over it the other week and he pulled away quickly and went Eeeeh what's that? which didn't help :)

I surpose untill you remove the padding from bones you really dont know how far they stick out im going to make an appointment to see the dr just to get his views on it, but to be honest if i speak to him about anything weight loss related he says " ask your bariatric team " he just wants nothing to do with it, its a different surgery that refered me then i moved the others were so much more suportive , i may have to wait till i see the nurse agian and mention it to her x

I have the same problem with my cocyx, and its not improved 2 years out. I tend to keep a cushion in the car so that if we end up somewhere with hard seats I can sit on it. I rarely have baths and never a long one. I've just adapted to be honest. My husband's hand wandered over it the other week and he pulled away quickly and went Eeeeh what's that? which didn't help :)

iv been feeling my skinny mates and even hers dont stick out as much as mine she too said EWWW lol

Rybens this sounds horrible. I get sore sitting too but I don't think it's my coxis and i'm well padded in any case! Could you ring your bariatric nurse to get some advice?

It's not good to be in pain.

i broke / cracked my cocyx once and it was so painful they told me to carry a rubber ring with me like the kids swimming ones, have you ever had a hard fall on that area and damaged it previously....i am wondering if this may of caused your prob xxxx
I hope for you, this gets sorted asap xxxx

You can get a special cushion for in the car especially for cocyx pain, my hubby has one. If you google coccyx cushion they even have them in Argos. The ring ones aren't great for coccyx pain, see here Coccyx cushions and supports

Rybens
I have beeen getting the same sensation but I would never have put it down to losing weight. I thought it was just part of getting old.
Keep us posted how you get on

Ouch sounds painful.
What a pain in the arse you are...lol!
Joking apart, let us know what the doc says if you ask him about it x

ouuuccchhh!!! hope you manage to get it sorted soon luv xxx

Back