• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My referral has gone through and appointment booked!!!!

Meggie

My referral has gone through (Thank you Dr!!!) and I now have an appointment for the 27th of August. Is it normal to wait this long for the initial appointment? I got really nervous when I got my letter and booked it online!! I'm excited that I'm one step closer anyway!!!

I am so jealous! When did you ask your GP for the referral?

The 11th of June. Ironically I called the doctors surgery today to check on it then returned home after work and found the letter!!!

Has anyone been to Whittington? On my online booking system I also have something about an appointment to St Pancras. Anyone know what that could be???

I will have to follow up with my GP as I was just a day before you. Good luck and I am glad that it is progressing for you.

Thanks. I thought it'd be harder to get a referral. Not complaining at all though!!! I think I might call them tomorrow on the off-chance that they have any earlier appointments. If I have to wait until then that's fine also!! Very exciting!!

Thanks. Well initially I was going for the band but after all of you lovely ladies giving such great advice then I think I'm going to go for the bypass. I think I was scared of the permanent nature of the bypass versus the band but I think that's what I need!! I wouldn't want to get fat after all of this!!!

Megg,

My GP refered me for wls I booked the Whittinton on line, I had my first appt which was the education session the wait for this appt was 8 weeks approx from my referal.
Just a week after the education appointment I had another letter this one is the actual consultaion with the Dr himself I have 7 and half weeks for this and counting :D this is August 17th to me its not that far away, I have a few hospital appts then a little break this will take my mind off the wait. It really is'nt too long to wait hun.
Hugs xx

What happened in the initial meeting? It's great to hear from someone who is going to the same place and going through the same process!! What is the next step after the Doc appointment? Do you know anyone else who has been to the Whittington? I had a quick look online and thought it looked pretty nice!!

My referral has gone through (Thank you Dr!!!) and I now have an appointment for the 27th of August. Is it normal to wait this long for the initial appointment? I got really nervous when I got my letter and booked it online!! I'm excited that I'm one step closer anyway!!!

Hi Meggie

Where about's in London are you?
It does appear to be different in different areas.

I have my first group meeting tomorrow night and I was told (I'm sceptical) that my consultation with the surgeon will be a month after that.

So your's sounds about right(ish)..Your are right, every step is indeed a step closer.

Good luck.

~hugs~

Thanks. I live in Kilburn (Brent PCT) but the letter I received today was from Camden PCT. Not sure why but not complaining! Guessing the work together. I have heard Brent is slightly pickier as well so not too sad!!

Oh and good luck for tomorrow!! Remember to tell us how it went!!!

Congratulations on getting your 1st appointment. My letter went to the hospital on the 5th June but the secretary was on Holiday last week and off sick so far this week at the hospital. Just wish that Heartlands did a choose and book service for Bariatrics.

Where do you both live???

When I had my education group meeting we were all told the next step is the consultasion with the Dr, it usually takes 10 weeks mine was 8 now its on its way to 7 yippee!.
They also said if they were busy; from GP referal to the actaul operation it could take a yr, to me a yr is good, the nurse went on to say it usualy takes around 8 months.

I live in Kilburn.

hey, im new to this site so i say hello to everyone one. i go reffered from my GP bout 4months before hospital sent for me then it all went through really quickly got toldit would take 6months to a year before my operation i was in in 8weeks it was very scary but so glad i did it. I had a gastrict bypass October 08 i have lost 7stone to date and feel so much better my son who is 3 is loving it he has mummy who can play and run and do the things kids do. i wish u the very best of luck and just make sure u feel comfortable with what they are offering u andf make sure u ask all the quetions u have no matter how trivial u think they are. i had mine done i Sheffield and i must say while i the hospital they were amamzing and always at the end of a phone if i have any problems.

good luck

Back