• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My sister wants me to ask a question

mrscinders

I my sister is currently waiting for a gastric bypass at Sunderland royal she's been on the waiting list for op for 12 to 13 weeks does anyone know how long roughly she has to wait as she's heard it's roughly 18wks does anyone know if this is true thanks

not sure for s.r. has she been through all the other stuff??
i think once i got on the waiting list for spire murrayfield i waited about 4-5 weeks.
all in all with everything else you have to do it was about 18 months. xxxx

I think it varies from hospital to hospital. The waiting list at Derby is 9 months. I've been on it since October 2011. If your sister rings her consultants secretary, she may be able to give her a timescale. Hope this helps :)

Well if its nhs at srh from start to finish was almost 2 years,sorry to disappoint, hope its quicker for her xx

Thanks everyone x

I've read recently that Sunderland's time is now 6 months once you've gone through all the other stuff and been told your on the list for surgery.

ok il let her know thanks x

I've been told its 6 months from going on the waiting list. I went on the list 18 weeks ago and still haven't had a call with a date yet - sorry x

I went on the waiting list at the beginning of December and am still waiting for a surgery date. I rang then and was told that I would get my op around the beginning to the middle of June which makes it at least 26 weeks xx

Last edited:
Paula Lewis said:
I think it varies from hospital to hospital. The waiting list at Derby is 9 months. I've been on it since October 2011. If your sister rings her consultants secretary, she may be able to give her a timescale. Hope this helps :)

Hi Paula I've been on the waiting list at derby since 23rd November last year. I've been told its a 12 month waiting list. I'm having the bypass with Mr Ahmed. Ive been told not to ring the secretaries and they won't be able to tell me anything. I'm very nervous but excited at the same time :)

Same here excited and scared too. I had problems with my funding and was given the secretary's number by one of the dietetics assistants. All she told me was that I was on the list, but my surgery wouldn't be in the next month.

Maybe! I know they have been doing some weekend initiative lists to get the waiting list down a bit. I'm not looking forward to the pre op diet though, I'd have rather done the milk diet.

Lest hope they are. The sooner the better for me. I'm not looking forward to the pre op diet either. I might do the milk diet. I've asked a a few post oppers on here and they say it doesn't really matter which one you do, as they will both shrink your liver :)

Hiya,

I have been on the waiting list since 19th Jan - around 15 weeks, so am just a bit ahead of your sister.
It helps to have a couple of people ahead of you to watch out for.
When I hear something, I will send you a message so that you can let your sister know she's close.

Emma x

Thank you x

Back