• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My update - Bypass on Monday

Beautifully described Paddyp. Congratulations on the start of your new life. I've been living mine for over 5 weeks now and it just gets better and better.

Thanks so much for this hun. You really set the scene well I almost felt like I was with you and feeling what you were feeling.
I'm 5wks away from my op and not sure if I'm helping myself reading these things as I think they may be making me more nervous lol.

So glad you are relatively pain free! Well done mrs look forward to hearing about your losses xxx

Glad ur all done and dusted and not in much pain. Thank for ur recap of things helps alot just makes me even more excited! How long did u wait for the ball to start rolling after reciving funding??? Well done u for getting to the losers bench! X

I am so pleased all went! xx

So glad it all went well for u Hun xx had my op tues afternoon had a couple of complications with my breathing and my blood pressure dropped so was in surgery high care unit over night as they needed to keep an eye on me. I came home today and hate to say it but am feeling a little bit crock still. Hope u are feeling ok xx take care Hun xxxx

Thank you so much for posting this - this info is exactly the sort of thing I want to know as I am worried about things like panicking on the walk to the theatre, being knocked out etc. I am so pleased for you that it went well and here's to the new beginnings x

Kezzakins so sorry to hear you are not feeling too good but it is very early days. I have to stress, the surgeon seemed surprised I was doing so well when he came to see me and honestly it is not like me as I am the biggest wimp on the planet. I'm having to give myself the blood thinning injections and if you could see the fuss I make before I do each one, dancing around crying like a loonie you would believe me lol.

Witch, I hope it helps prepare you. You may not have to do the walk of shame to the theatre but if I had known that before I would maybe have handled it differently. I swear to God if my slippers hadn't had slippery soles they wouldn't have been able to literally drag me in (slight exageration but felt like it) and I'd have hot footed it along the corridor.

I think my message is take it from me, a self confessed wimp, it was absolutely fine and on reflection, I could have made it much easier on myself by not allowing myself to go into melt down.

Hope you all get the op of your dreams soon xx

Yes, this is really like it is, you have got it so right, what a wonderful description of that very scary moment!! But 1 week on ,l feel it is one of the best things l have done for myself!,my new life has started!

Thanks for this, wonderful description, it will be me in a week or so. How are you feeling now?

Paddyp, thanks for that great description. Like you said too I am a total wimp! I'm absoutely petrified as I'm going next Monday. I'm still on pre-op diet and I keep thinking its not working I can actually feel funny sensations from my liver(it might be my head messing with me) I'm actually terrified that when them knock me out my liver won't be ready for op and they close me up! That's my latest nightmare! But your take on the journey has been put very simple and uncomplicated. So thanks very much for that xx

Paddyp, thanks for that great description. Like you said too I am a total wimp! I'm absoutely petrified as I'm going next Monday. I'm still on pre-op diet and I keep thinking its not working I can actually feel funny sensations from my liver(it might be my head messing with me) I'm actually terrified that when them knock me out my liver won't be ready for op and they close me up! That's my latest nightmare! But your take on the journey has been put very simple and uncomplicated. So thanks very much for that xx

I was really scared as well, always wished there was a way I could measure whether my liver had already shrunk... But if you stuck to your pre-op diet, you'll be fine. X

Paddyp thanks for describing everything so well. I am glad you are feeling well and here's to your future :)!

Please keep us all updated.

Back