• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

narrow minded ppl

As Paul rightly said, this is becoming the norm and sadly its the thoughts on a lot of people minds, i work with a group of developers, all of them are great blokes and we have a good laugh, last week a conversation came up about obesity, obviously none of them know i have a weight problem, some of the things they said sickened me, none of them had any idea what being over weight or having weight issues was about as none of them were or had been fat. What interested me more than anything else was that pre op i wouldn't have been included in the conversation, and wouldn't have heard anything, now i've lost most of my excess weight i'm hearing what the real world thinks about obesity.

i am the same i now get included in convos i wouldnt normally of been included in, they talk about equality for everone here in england, what a load of bollix, wheres the equality and respect for obese ppl i ask ? no where is the answer to the rest of the world over weight ppl are worthless and have no feelings its just all wrong, oh i could rant on for hours but i best stop typing now or this would be a very long post.

liz x

Hello e1

unfortunately we live in a society whereby everyone is judged in one aspect or another, whether it be colour of someone's skin, racially, disabilities, cars we drive even down to the colour of peoples hair and the way we are dressed and thats the reality of it ...............

Society is changing every single damn day and people are becoming more opinated every single day too, at the end of the day everyone has a right to an opinion, at what expense though??? Someone else's hurt, anger , tears !!!!! Thats when the line gets crossed and nothing and no one will ever change the way people think, its a natural (but wrong) human instinct to be "ignorant" to what we do not understand or dont need to know, like most on here will understand what procedure they are going through etc, but ask another if they know about motor neurone disease and most people wont know, and why, because they don't need to know or have not had the reason to know, and thats where ignorance comes in .....

Too be honest i think at some point everyone has had an opinion or thought about someone else regardless whether they know them or not ,its natural human instinct, but what i do not agree with is when another human being inflicts pain,anger and upset to another human just because they do not understand the situation that person is in, at the end of the day as i stated before people will have opinions, whether we like it or not and that is the fact of life (sad but true) !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
How rude. We all have opinions but thoes of us that have manners keep negative ones to ourselves. Pity her partner didnt tell her how rude she was instead of looking. But as they say like finds like and **** sticks together.
take care
carole

DONT BE SAD :( IT DOES HAPPEN TO US ALL, LAST YEAR I WAS ON HOLIDAY IN TUNISIA WALKING ALONG THE BEACH WITH HUBBY WHEN I HEARD SNIGGERING I LOOKED UP AND SAW 3 TOPLESS GIRLS SUNBATHING AND REALISED THEY WERE LAUGHING AT ME I WANTED TO DISSAPPEAR INTO A HOLE I COULD OF BURST OUT CRYING THERE AND THEN :cry:I EVEN FELT SORRY FOR HUBBY HAVING TO WALK ALONG THE BEACH WITH ME BUT I DID FEEL A LITTLE BETTER WHEN HUBBY TURNED AROUND AND SAID, THERE'LL ALWAYS BE UGLY INSIDE AND OUT :)!!!!!
SO IT'S TRUE IT DOES HAPPEN TO ALL OF US, HOPEFULLY NOT FOR ME MUCH LONGER AS I'M NOW ON DAY 8 OF MY PRE-OP DIET AND 9 DAYS TILL MY SURGERY!!!! CANT WAIT TO GO BACK TO TUNISIA IN MY BIKINNI NEXT YEAR! WOULD LOVE TO SEE EM AND KICK SAND IN THERE FACES!! :D

Oh that makes me so angry. People do this when they can't face up to their own inadequacies, and I bet she has quiet a few of those. This is the only way these people can find some sense of superiority.

I'll tell you a funny story though about revenge being sweet........I was in a restaurant with my husband and I was 1 week away from giving birth to my son. I was very big, it was hot and I was noticeably very uncomfortable, my legs were swollen. A group of 3 young girls, around the 18, 19 20 age group was watching me and started to giggle. We heard the word 'fat' and we heard the word 'cow' and so on. My husband walked over to them and said......"My wife is beautiful, she is pregnant, but she will not always be pregnant but you will always be ugly"...........You could have heard a pin drop.

Although all I wanted to do was run away from the place and cry, and I did. I do always remember that story and it makes me smile.

Take no notice of the Biatch.

xXx

When I was teaching and I was about to meet parents for the first time, I would take a look at how their child is before meeting them - ALWAYS gave an accurate picture - ignorant people breed ignorant people. If this planet was full of size 0 super models it would be pretty dull and frankly unattractive place.

Another thought is that people will point out the imperfections of others to avoid people looking at the imperfections in them - and to make them appear slighty more attractive than they truly are.

Sarah, at the end of the day, you can slim down, she'll always be a bitter, ugly b*tch.

I have had many comments said to me concerning my weight and yes people think you are fair game - i am normally a very relaxed person and a lot of these comments have gone over the top of my head as i don't want to bring myself down to these ignorant people's level (and that's lower than the gutter). One day when i was on gate duty outside the secondary school i used to work at we would have a group of kids that were the troublemakers and we're either on suspentions or they had been thrown out (there numbers would swell from other nerdowells from other schools). This very spotty, greasy haired individual decided he would be rude (you know the type 'f'ing and 'b'ing all over the place he thought he was sooooo hard) - i asked him and his mates to go home and leave. This youth looked me up and down like a piece of s**t and said "why don't you go back in school and continue eating fatty" To be fair on the kids from our school that had been suspended they came to my defence but i just looked at him (and gave him a Paddington hard stare) and said very calmly "One day i WILL be thin but you will ALWAYS be ignorant and ugly" and i just walked away and ignored him. And that's what you need to do all of us - just ignore these very insular, rude and inappropriate people, if they find there kicks at making fun of others for whatever reason they they are to be pitied as we will be SUCCESSFUL LOSERS!!!!!

people like that have obviously got nothing better to do in there own life.
nasty comments lke that are not called for are just nasty and spiteful.
they will get theres in time you can do something with your weight but they cant change there personality

Next time that happens get a little strength and walk up to the offending ignorant prat and say " i heard you have a problem with my size! Well, yes i am fat but your ugly. I could lose weight if i chose to, but what the **** could you do with that face!?!? Lol! Always worked for me. They never can say anything back. Shocks the life out of them! Don't let small minds hurt you. You are so much better than they could ever dream of being. ((Hugs)).

Sorry didn't mean next time that happens! Hope it never does again because i know what its like. Just thought i'd give you some ammunition in case it ever does! ;)

Back