• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

nasty comments

Why did anyone think they had the right to call you any of these 3 offensive names, Happy Days :mad: Some people are so judgemental & cruel :flamingmad:

Happy days, I work in a secondary school I support pupils from 11-16 but as part of my job I teach Maths to low ability yr. 10 & 11 pupils my yr11 group are really nasty pieces of work except one whose a sweetie and has a statement the others are behavioural based but no statements. I basically end up with the kids not thought able to get any GCSE's but as an unqualified teacher (I'm qualified to teach as a teaching assistant I'm just not a qualified teacher), it was once commented that I have the kids no NQT would be asked to teach but without the support an NQT would have. This was said only after I'd had a melt down one day when a class was being particularly tough and I felt I had to cope rather than admit I needed help, then they realised they had all given me the class and then abandoned me to it.
Theses days it's a little better but I still have to fight for help and equipment for the class and myself they still tend to forget me at times.
I sometimes doubt I am doing a good enough job but last week my first class to complete the course with me got their exam results all passed with either a G or an F pass low by most standards but for them a great achievement. I felt that at last I had some proof I was making a difference & I was doing a good job despite the low days. So hopefully I can keep the feeling with this current class and the new one I get next week so on the rough days with them I can see a light at the end of the tunnel & keep my cool no matter what.

Most teenagers are so wrapped up in themselves they prob won't even notice you shrinking before their very eyes. And iam sure your doing a excellent job these kids probs wouldnt have managed any grades if it wasn't for your help. I know how tuff it can be my son goes to a part of his school where 95% of the kids are their because the main school won't teach them, they are horrid.
My son is there as he just can't cope with the main school it all just gets too much and he gets chest pains. He had a transplant 6 yrs ago so we hav to be careful, there is one other child in their cos she gets bullied for being overweight but the rest are just plain wicked

I hope you're right but some of that class are pure evil.
I hope your son gets the help & education he deserves & isn't missing out because if those other kids. I know the sort of unit you're talking about meant to be there for those kids with medical needs etc affecting their ability to attend mainstream school but these days seem to have more & more permanently excluded or dual registered kids there as well. Just what your sone needs not.
Let's hope my evil ones are as blind as you say, as they'll wind my son up about it no doubt and he doesn't need the hassle. He already hot a kid who wouldn't shut up about how fat I was at a time when I was having pre op tests for the wls & tests for a kidney tumour. Got away with a short exclusion for hitting due to exceptional emotional stress but as a one off only. He nor I need another one like that.

hi
Just wondering if anyone has suffered from peoples *****y remarks ie its ok for you,you had a bypass or you havnt done it the hard way :rolleyes:

I would say that THIS IS THE HARD WAY!! Nobody takes this on lightly so anyone who said it to me would get a very good talking to. I did have one girl at work who when they found out that I was having the bypass, said, "Well that's taking the p*%$."

When I told her that I had health problems on top of being over weight, she said that she did't mean it in the way I thought and that she meant it in that I didn't really have a lot of weight to loose.

Strange how they didn't really mean what WE thought they meant isn't it. :8855:

hi
Just wondering if anyone has suffered from peoples *****y remarks ie its ok for you,you had a bypass or you havnt done it the hard way :rolleyes:

I've never heard anyone say that to me, but if they did I'd agree with them......to a point.

WLS is the easiest way to lose a lot of weight quickly and have a great chance of keeping it off. Anyone who thinks differently just think back to every failed fad diet they tried and failed with. It is very much harder to lose weight the natural way. If it wasn't we wouldn't need WLS would we? ;)

Now before those with reading or comprehension problems start harping on about WLS being far from easy, that is NOT what I said. Let's see who wins the gold star for failing to read my post properly :D:D

WLS is not an easy thing to deal with, it is not something to be taken lightly, and post op life is sometimes hard and arduous. However as far as losing weight is concerned it is the easy way

You know and you will never believe it... But my husband really narked me the other day. He has lost about a stone since we moved and we were talking about it to someone, his and my loss and he turned round and said ''well i did it the traditional way, i didn't have an operation''. Well to say i nearly smacking him in the goolies is an understatement. I gave him the look and asked if he'd missed me dieting and working my butt off in the gym alongside himself!

Some people just think before they speak.

Hmm and i'm sorry to say it, but i have really had a easy time since my surgery (apart from a couple of times with rabid dog syndrome) and a couple of bad days... However i am very aware of friends who've had a rough trip and sympathise with them dearly xxx

I've never heard anyone say that to me, but if they did I'd agree with them......to a point.

WLS is the easiest way to lose a lot of weight quickly and have a great chance of keeping it off. Anyone who thinks differently just think back to every failed fad diet they tried and failed with. It is very much harder to lose weight the natural way. If it wasn't we wouldn't need WLS would we? ;)

Now before those with reading or comprehension problems start harping on about WLS being far from easy, that is NOT what I said. Let's see who wins the gold star for failing to read my post properly :D:D

WLS is not an easy thing to deal with, it is not something to be taken lightly, and post op life is sometimes hard and arduous. However as far as losing weight is concerned it is the easy way

Well said XX

I to have had many comments like that. Especially from my mother in law!! Lol and for me I really don't consider this an easy option.
And yes Karlos I read your comment and do understand what your saying :)
And I do somewhat agree with you. But the reason for me to have surgery was so that I could only eat a little bit. And the thought of knowing I would be in pain if I tried it any other way. This is also the reason why i chose the RNY. I want to get sick if i eat the wrong things. That's exactly what I told my dr. So no I don't agree that this is completely the easy way out. I believe that we are people who are on our last straw. Desperate even. The fact that we have to weigh out the option of possibly dying from a surgery or die from being totally unhealthy is not an easy task.
We have to completely retrain our brains to not want certain things. After years and years of bad habits. Which is not easy. Especially when it's all around me. When my husband is grilling his yummy cheeseburgers and hot dogs.. I have to leave the room! The smell of it is way to hard for me. I start tasting it in my mouth, and find myself not able to think of anything else! So no this is not easy.
The surgery is an easy option to lose weight quickly. But deffinately not the easy way out!

Well, last night I went out with a friend who wanted to talk about WLS as she is considering this for herself. We talked and talked and at the end of the evening she said that she would go on her holiday and think about it and make a decision when she came back. Her hubby then came to pick her up and they very kindly offered me a lift home.

When I was getting in to the car I heard him say, "Well there's nothing wrong with you, you don't need any surgery".

I decided not to say anything (sily of me I know, but I just couldn't go in to everything with someone I didn't know) and I just ignored the comments. Wish I had had the courage to say something. I feel a coward. :eek:

No not a coward, sometimes the battle is won by less obvious ways that arguing the point with those who are ignorant of the facts and reasons why those of us who take up the double edged sword this surgery is do so.
We know the two choices we had and what reasons personal, social, medical made us look at the choices & do what is best for us as individuals. Those who don't have those problems may never understand & trying to make them or him in this case would only make things difficult for his wife.

As I'm losing weight I'm gain my confidence back, which is a good thing but I feel as if I can take on the world. No1 thati no of has said anything nasty to my face but I wouldn't like to be the person who does, I take after my dad and I can discuss things for ever and I never forget or give up. I did educate alot of ppl at work before my op and they understood and gor behind me to support me, but I work in a massive call centre and am not back to work til the end of sept due to long shifts but will wait and see what is said then.

Nasty comments are just jelouse ppl, brush them under your feet and walk tall xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I have found that it has brought out the worst in people, and one person has let it slip I have taken the "easy" way out.

The comment I get most is that they need to go on a diet as they cannot have me slimmer than them!!!!!

Luckily though, through this operation, I have made some new and good friends xxx

Stef

Like everyone else I've had insensitive people making comments, however its only the comments of the people i respect and trust that affect me, and all of those have been supportive. I find myself being quite open about it all, and this appears to be working for me. Its surprising how many people know others who have gone through similar. xx

I agree jealousy is what leads to alot of nasty comments..... me i let them go ova my head my oldest son had someone say to him about my surgery & he was really hurt by it but as said to him go with the tide no-one knows what i have been through prior to surgery & he hasnt got to justify my actions x

Back