• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post nasal drip

s-a-r-a-h

Sorry this is gross but since my op on Saturday I've been getting an increase in nasal secretions. I've heard of people getting a runny nose when they are full post op but this is at the back of my nose and I've no choice other than to swallow it. I'm getting it before I've eaten as well as after and it's making me feel sick. It's not allergies and I don't have a cold. Does anyone else get this and does it get better? X

I'm guessing its to do with the tube you will have had up your nose, and its just your body trying to make the irritation better. Thus it should settle down.

I had it for a week or so post surgery Sarah. I put it down to the nasal oxygen tube. Don't worry it will go away by itself xx

Not too bad thanks Paula. Trying to drink plenty of liquids but getting full very quickly! Managed a bath today and that was lovely. Thought I'd struggle to get out but I didn't x

Paula what type of bypass did you have? I've read my discharge letter and it says I've had the omega loop technique. I assumed it would be the RNY as that is how mr Ahmed described it. I was swapped over to mr Awan and only met him on the day of procedure. He didn't explain which type on the consent form. I've read an omega loop is like a mini bypass, it says the operation time is under an hour but I read my anaesthetic chart and I was in theatre 3.5 hours and recovery for 2 hours ??

I wish I'd known that, I would have read mine. Is there a big difference in the procedures? Are the outcomes the same?

The omega loop has only one anastomoses rather than 2 and the stomach is a slightly different shape. I've read that the mini gastric bypass (if that's what I've had) can be reversed or revised to a RNY. Both have similar outcomes with regards to weight loss x

Well I did feel disappointed at first when I read that it was a mini bypass. After reading some more it seems that it's a really good technique that can have less complications and a smaller occurrence of weight gain. I've seem stuff about revision surgery to an RNY bypass and can only think its because the mini bypass hasn't worked?? Would hate to go through it all again though!! Anyway this is a new start and I'm going to do my very best to lose weight and keep it off x

Not too bad now thanks. I had to re introduce meat slowly, as it was making me nauseous. But I've just had home made Caribbean chicken for tea (puréed obviously) and so far so good :)

Some people do struggle with meat don't they? Hope I don't, I love meat. Got loads of things I want to do in the slow cooker. Hopefully it's just a phase for you and it will get better as you heal x x

Back