• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post nasal drip

I don't feel physical hunger at all. I fancy things in my head, but I know I can't have them. It's wonderful when you can have mash !!

s-a-r-a-h said:
Some people do struggle with meat don't they? Hope I don't, I love meat. Got loads of things I want to do in the slow cooker. Hopefully it's just a phase for you and it will get better as you heal x x

I hope so too, as I love meat too !

I had my op on Saturday and went home on monday. My consultant said I could have gone home on the Sunday if I'd lived closer to the hospital. When's your date Josie? X

My husband sat with me in the waiting room then we were taken into a side room and I was admitted. The porter came to take me to theatre and my husband walked with me and they said he could come inside to the theatre waiting area. When I arrived back on the ward at 3 they let him come in and sit with me. I was in a 4 bedded bay then but there was only 2 patients in there. On the Sunday he came early to sit with me and I said we would go in the waiting room as it wasn't visiting times but the sister said it was ok to sit at the bedside. Sounds like it depends which nurses are on duty. It was pretty relaxed at the weekend though and they only have 8-10 patients because the ward is usually shut. They have opened it up for the extra weekend shifts.

Paula Lewis said:
Do you mind that you've had that one ?

Just spoke to the bariatric nurse and asked her what type of bypass I've had. She said I've had the RNY because thats the only one they do. She said the junior dr just wrote the discharge document wrong. Been getting a pain over my left ovary since sat so asked her about that. She reckons its trapped wind. Didn't think it was though as I've had my bowels opened x3 and passed wind. She said she thought it was though which is reassuring. I have got an ovarian cyst there so could be that as its quite large x

Ahh good job you phoned then. These junior doctors can cause alot of issues. They should be supervised lol. Sorry to hear your still having pain. Hope you feel better soon xx

It's not too bad. Hasn't stopped me getting up and about. Went shopping to get some stuff for my next stage. Don't fancy puréed meat so I've got some fish in parsley sauce which I'll blend and have it with a bit of mash. So looking forward to that. How are you doing Paula? What stage are you on now? X x

I'm doing fork mashable now. Meat is much easier to digest now. I cook it in the slow cooker, so it's nice and tender. Then I shred it and chew it loads before swallowing. Fish in sauce was a life saver on purée. I like the butter sauce ones too.

I've bought some cheese triangles today to have as snacks, as I'm struggling to get all my meals in. It's hard when you have to wait 30mins after drinking, as I'm trying to keep my fluids up aswell. I've also bought some low fat mousses, to see if they will stop my sweet cravings. Glad to hear your doing well. Have you weighed yourself yet ?

Yes I imagine it's difficult getting all fluids in. We're you told not to drink 30mins before a meal too? I've got some conflicting paperwork but the dietician said not to drink before a meal too.
Weighed myself after 1 week and have lost 10lbs!! How much have you lost? X x

s-a-r-a-h said:
Yes I imagine it's difficult getting all fluids in. We're you told not to drink 30mins before a meal too? I've got some conflicting paperwork but the dietician said not to drink before a meal too.
Weighed myself after 1 week and have lost 10lbs!! How much have you lost? X x

From the start of the pre op to now I've lost 38lb xx

Well done that's great Paula. My husband told me my forehead was less bloated!! Lol! Didn't know whether to feel pleased about that or not!!

Thing is I can't see myself as looking any thinner. My friends have said my face is smaller and I have cheek bones now. They have also commented that my stomach is smaller, but I just don't see it. Probably because I see myself all the time. Tbh I thought I would have lost more than that. But any loss is a loss :)

Back