• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need some advice from post-banders please?

JulesE

Hi everyone, :wavey:

Could I ask for some honest input from post-banders please?

I have my consultation with WLSG on Monday & my banding op is provisionally booked for 21st July :eek:

What I need to know is, exactly how you felt for the first few days after your banding operation? Were you in need of bed rest most of the time, or could you cope with a walk around the town etc?

The reason I'm asking is my DH & 3 year old will be going to Preston with me for my surgery.
We're toying with booking the 2 nights following my discharge from hospital in a hotel in Blackpool so we can make it a bit of a break for our son.

Would you honestly have been up to staying the 2nd & 3rd night after your banding op' in a hotel & spending some time walking around Blackpool? Or did you just need to get home to your own bed?

Any and all input would, as always, be very much appreciated :D

Thanks,

xx

Hi everyone, :wavey:

Could I ask for some honest input from post-banders please?

I have my consultation with WLSG on Monday & my banding op is provisionally booked for 21st July :eek:

What I need to know is, exactly how you felt for the first few days after your banding operation? Were you in need of bed rest most of the time, or could you cope with a walk around the town etc?

The reason I'm asking is my DH & 3 year old will be going to Preston with me for my surgery.
We're toying with booking the 2 nights following my discharge from hospital in a hotel in Blackpool so we can make it a bit of a break for our son.

Would you honestly have been up to staying the 2nd & 3rd night after your banding op' in a hotel & spending some time walking around Blackpool? Or did you just need to get home to your own bed?

Any and all input would, as always, be very much appreciated :D

Thanks,

xx

Hi, i'll be honest, the last thing I would have wanted to do would be to walk around the town never mind blackpool.

I couldn't wait to get home to my own house and especially my own bed, you need to rest after the op to make sure you heal properly, I doubt anyone will recommend you walking so much so soon after your op

Kate

they will encourage light walking to move the trapped wind and thats about it, you will be in pain and i agree with kate you will lots of rest in the 1st week or 2, you will get tired very easily so i wouldnt recommend it. xxx

Everyone is different and you will only know what you can do at the time. I was fine the next day but rested anyway. The day after I went for an hour walk as it was the best thing for the trapped wind. See how you feel hun.

OMG Jules!! There is no way I could have done that. I had the pain under control but I was so uncomfortable there is no way on this earth I could have walked round Blackpool. You will be having surgery and will need to rest. A little walk round the living room should be enough and then you'll find you're knackered lol.

Oh boy, all I wanted was something comfy to sit on and some painkillers for about a week...

The thought of being somewhere busy and noisy - no way.

Banding is painful, you will feel like a ton of bricks hit your abdomen.

Painkillers help but its still uncomfortable.

hi jules im getting my band done on the 18th in preston with wlsg and my hubbie and 5yr old son are going to blackpool for a couple of hrs on saturday while i have my surgery, but i dont think i would b in the mood for the" golden mile "after my op good luck with your op and your decision about blackpool xxheather

Hi Jules.....honestly....I couldn't have coped anywhere other than at home.

I couldn't sleep lying down for at least the first week and spent a couple of nights propped up in the corner of our sofa surrounded by loads of cushions.

I'd probably keep Blackpool until you've recovered a little...I'd hate to think you were in a strange bed and unable to sleep/rest :hug99::hug99:

Have to agree with what everyone has said.I had to fly home to Dublin from Birmingham the day after the op. I felt ok , but in Dublin airport we had a 30minute walk when we got off the flight. It felt like a 10 mile trek.

There is no place like home when you are unwell.I think I'd give Blackpool a miss for the moment.

Good luck with your op. I found it was a lot less painful than I first thought.

Thank you all for your replies.

We're coming home when I'm released & DH will take DS to Blackpool whilst I'm having the op :)

Thanks again xx

Back