• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

usa banders

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
i have been on a usa chat room for banders tonight, im totally shocked from what was said, one of the members does not want to pay 4 fills and is ordering fill needles and saline from ebay, i advised against this as its very dangerous, im totally shocked and upset and that ebay in what every country allows trading like this, its playing with peoples lives that know nothing medically about banding and filling and de filling them selves, its not a true meaning of what learning about life with a band is, im sorry ive posted this so late and ranting on i just didnt realise things like this went on like this with banding in different parts of the world. :mad:

good night from a shocked and upset liz .

Blimey! I had no idea... Next we'll hear about people buying the band itself off eBay!! :::shudder:::

that is shocking Liz. Can you report the listings to Ebay? Im not familiar with ebay so I dont know if that is possible or not.

i havent actually seen the listings, just a certain person was saying thats what they do to save money on fills. its madness.

u know i was only sat thinking last week there must be people who try and do it them selfs ..... as a nurse u get so use to jabbing people .. and the thought of a port with a bit of saline could be so easy .....

i would not dare mess with it however ... nor should anyone ..

but it had crossed my mind for people who could not afford fills and people who want quicker results ..

and i have checked ebay they do sell needles for health and beauty .. and tattoo stuff .. so looks like they can sell what they like there ..

scary scary stuff ......... Americans are loons anyway lol

OMG!!!! iv heard the jokes bout you being able to buy anything on Ebay but that just takes the biscuite! You would think Ebay would have somesort of restrictions on buying and selling things like that???!!!!!!

u know i was only sat thinking last week there must be people who try and do it them selfs ..... as a nurse u get so use to jabbing people .. and the thought of a port with a bit of saline could be so easy .....

i would not dare mess with it however ... nor should anyone ..

but it had crossed my mind for people who could not afford fills and people who want quicker results ..

and i have checked ebay they do sell needles for health and beauty .. and tattoo stuff .. so looks like they can sell what they like there ..

scary scary stuff ......... Americans are loons anyway lol

hi brett, these are crazy people that self fill, you cant fill a band with any needle, as theres different types of ports and bands and all have there unique type of needle, if a band is filled with the wrong needle it can damage the port.

some band providors, do issue fill needles but only if going on a long holiday for use in another country where a needle may not be accessable for the band type.these are for emergency use only. if an emergency de fill is required.

Oh my God, that is awful, who WHO would be stupid enough???

hi red, ive also had a look, i couldnt believe what i was reading last night when these people were justifying there reasons for doing there own fills and defills, ebay was mentioned as a supplier, they are really playing with fire if this is going on.

Those people must be mad.....you can't put a price on your health or life!

Back