• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need some advice!

chaas101

I everyone! My name is Christy i'm 26. I had my gastric bypass on February 28th. My starting weight was 322. I'm now 298. So so far I've lost 24lbs. My problem is that I've noticed that some days I don't loose so much as a pound and my pouch has been able to handle soft foods and even some regular foods like celery from day one? Is that normal? And days like today I find that I'm so hungry! Maybe I'm just not being realistic but I expected the weight to come off so easily, yet I'm finding it still hard and requiring a lot of work. Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. Other then my husband I don't really have a a support system or anyone I can talk to about this kind of stuff! Thanks

cant really help hun as I only had my op last Tuesday but keep ur chin up and I am sure someone can help. Plus its a brill loss

Hi Chaas well i was on puree for 4 weeks are you? blended evrything up fresh fruit and veg i think at first they said 6 small meals a day e.g yoghurt for breakfast mid morn pureed fruit, lunch blended vegwiv gravy, afternoon suga free jelly with custard then tea fish or meat with mash n gravy then maybe glass of milk if i had proteins left suppertime. I now have 3 a day obviously as i am 7months post op but still have a fruit snack at mid morning now and again i will have ginger snaps at supper time. You have to eat slowly and drink between meals leaving half an hour before and after meals before drinking hope that some benefit to you if not you'l have to be more specific it seems like a lifetime ago now and i'm getting bit nforgetful with the menopause but you'v had a good weightloss xx

Oh Hun you dont have the op and lose the excess overnight (unfortunatly) it does take hard work and self control as it won't do it all for us, make sure you follow the diet plans and eat correct food and quantities at the right times - head hunger is a battle that will stick around for a while im afraid. Speak with your team if you are worried and be careful with thing like celery (im six weeks post op and it still isnt on my plan!) And drink plenty of water etc - you'll feel restriction as you move to thicker foods
Good luck xx

Hi

I had my bypass on the same day as you, on the day of surgery I weighed 125kg, and now three weeks later I weigh 116kg so a loss of 9kg wich is about 19 pounds! So you are doing better than me, but you had a higher starting weight so that would be expected. I am still on puréed foods and find that I can eat more of some foods than I can of others, also in these early days your body thinks its being starved so is trying to conserve its fat reserves, give it another months an I bet you will be happy with your "weekly" weight loss.

Just be patient.

Paul

Back