• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Needing Reassurance

MJLDPS

I'm reading this and it really worries me, I have my surgery in two weeks, I'm already worrying over it, been awake most the night and cannot think of anything else, I really need some confidence round about now, I just don't know if I'm going to be able to do it, :-(
It really is not me, surgery has never bothered me before now, I am so frightened by what's going to happen post op, I've never had this trouble before and I have had lots of surgery.
I have been told what to expect, but tonight I have come on here to feel better about it all and I've just read about people in pain eating pureed food, do I really want to subject myself to that, there's way more pros than cons. It's just..... I just need to have this done from a health point of view. Most people on here are really excited to be going in for their op, I'm not, is there something wrong with that? Lately I've been worrying that I won't know when I'm full up and I'm constantly going to be sick or in pain, I just seem to eat all the time never really feeling full and it's very hard to imagine any difference. I'm sorry, I must come across as a whinging old guit, I just don't have anywhere like this that I can get help, advice and reassurance. Thanks for listening.

I'm reading this and it really worries me, I have my surgery in two weeks, I'm already worrying over it, been awake most the night and cannot think of anything else, I really need some confidence round about now, I just don't know if I'm going to be able to do it, :-(
It really is not me, surgery has never bothered me before now, I am so frightened by what's going to happen post op, I've never had this trouble before and I have had lots of surgery.
I have been told what to expect, but tonight I have come on here to feel better about it all and I've just read about people in pain eating pureed food, do I really want to subject myself to that, there's way more pros than cons. It's just..... I just need to have this done from a health point of view. Most people on here are really excited to be going in for their op, I'm not, is there something wrong with that? Lately I've been worrying that I won't know when I'm full up and I'm constantly going to be sick or in pain, I just seem to eat all the time never really feeling full and it's very hard to imagine any difference. I'm sorry, I must come across as a whinging old guit, I just don't have anywhere like this that I can get help, advice and reassurance. Thanks for listening.
Hi - I can only relate my experience which may help. About 2yrs ago I was 21st and heading for an early grave. Been fat all my life and carried it well, blah blah!!
I had the bypass just over 12 moths ago and now weigh-in at 12st 7lbs. More to the point, I feel great, healthy and really enjoy all types of food and drink.
I never went into the puree food, just eat sensibly and chewed everything to mush at that point. Let's be honest, no different to mush after it has been reduced like this.
Follow each stage of the post-op but do not be rigid, adapt to the way you want to eat. Your body will dictate if you are going wrong. No problem, just re-adjust and try again. You will make mistakes, you will dump, you will feel sick - but at the end of the day, you will lose weight and change your life. The incidents I mentioned will get less and less. One word of advice I would give, do not get to listen to all the 'advice' you read on this site or any other. People mean well, but quite often the advice is only relative to that person and will certainly not suit everyone.
This site has been good for me and I have welcomed advice over the years, but please think and act for yourself, only then will you eventually take control of the situation, your eating and your body.
Best of luck with the op and please do not hesitate to get in touch if I can help with anything - Paul

oh bless your heart! its perfectly normal to feel worried and anxious, i read it here every day. I'm pre op too so cannot give you any of my experience, but from speaking to people on here it seems that the first month is the worst, obviously you have to heal from the op, but food is just a learning curve, some people are fine with foods that others dump on, some listen to their "soft cue" some dont, for some people food just becomes something you do so that you dont die, others still love it. But the thing they all have in common is that they are now, healthier, full of energy, doing thing that they havent been able to do in years, wearing normal size clothes off the peg and so much happier. 99% of them say they wish they had done it earlier. Only you can decide whats right for you honey and im sure you will make the choice thats right for you. Good luck :) xxx

I'm due soon for my op and yes I'm very excited which I post on here but what I don't post is how nervous and worried I am. Like you not about the op but more about life after surgery. I don't post it as I don't want to worry people. So please don't feel your all alone on that note. All I'm thinking of is the greater good of the op. I cant wait to start a new chapter of my life but yes am nervous, everyone is and was its just human nature. This forum helps me through it.

All will be fine just keep your eye on the prize. Lets all look forward to the time that is ahead of all of us when we wont feel old before our years and the clothes are just an added bonus. your not moaning it perfectly normal to have those feelings xx

My op is next monday and to be honest the sleep they put me in will be most i've had for weeks xx but i know i will live longer and be so much healthier and know about the sickness etc but have accepted that as part of the process :) good luck and i hope you feel better about it soon x

hi love , i think your 100% "normal",ofcourse its scarey and a worrying time ,, i had mine ,bypass/ gall bladder removal 7/8 weeks ago,have lost over 6stone,and my advice is simply follow your diet sheets from your provider and if at any point you are not sure your doing things right or something is worrying you , ask them ,dont leave things,i did and let a wound infection get out of control ,having said that ,,im sure everyones advice is different ,and this is a great place to get help and support ,, i had a few probs at beginning but ive had no problems with the eating and ive been lucky that ive not been sick once,,,ive stuck to my guide sheets 100% which i think has helped,,good luck and i hope the op brings you all the things you hope for ,and more , it has for me in such a short time,,will be thinkin of you and wishing you well xxx

Hi Mark I know just how you feel.:wave_cry:
I am due to have a tummy tuck and hernia repair on Wednesday and am absolutely terrified.:argh::hide:
Everyone around me are like
":wow: you are going to look fab after are you excited?"
"Errr No!"
If I could go to bed and wake up in 5-6 weeks with it all done and recovered, that would be great. But it isn't going to happen like that.:4633:
I have got 5-6 weeks (if not longer) recovery with an excited 7 year old (his birthday is next week) and christmas to boot :eek:.
I have been hoping that the sniffles I have got now turn into a full blown cold so they would cancel my op.
But at the end of the day it will have to be done sooner or later and I might as well it it over and done with.

Be brave and push all those thoughts away.
I haven't had an easy journey but would not go back to how I was before

Sorry to hear your feeling so uneasy about your op. I was so excited for mine so i cant imagine how your feeling. I cant speak for everyone as each person will go through things differently, however I am currently 2 weeks post op and to be honest i have had a few wobbles but that is due to food choices on the puree meals. I do no regret what i have done and am pleased to see the weekly if not daily changes. I have dropped almost 2 stone and lost inches all over. I hope that you continue on your journey as once its all done and your over the worst part you will look back and see that it was the best thing for you. You will learn when you feel full and things will all come to you in time.
Best of luck with everything xx

Hi ya, I am fairly local to you, so if you fancy meeting up for a coffee, and a chat through your worries and concerns, then I am more than happy to do that, I am right in thinking you will be having your op at L&D, if so I had mine there also, so will be able to talk you through the before and after operation that you will be faced with.

If you want a chat on the phone, then send me your number and I will give you a call.

Hi ya, I am fairly local to you, so if you fancy meeting up for a coffee, and a chat through your worries and concerns, then I am more than happy to do that, I am right in thinking you will be having your op at L&D, if so I had mine there also, so will be able to talk you through the before and after operation that you will be faced with.

If you want a chat on the phone, then send me your number and I will give you a call.

This post made me smile, see everyone this is what this forum is all about genuine people with genuine support.

X

Back