• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Needs Smoothie Ideas......

Claire33

Hi all
I'm 9 days post op.
Really need some ideas for smoothies sick of having the same ones every day.....any ideas please
X

Hi all
I'm 9 days post op.
Really need some ideas for smoothies sick of having the same ones every day.....any ideas please
X
If you are allowed fruit frozen berries from Lidle whizzed up with milk adding powdered milk for extra Protein ..
Good luck as a looser

Hi Claire, you haven't filled in any of your details that show on the left of your post - these help people to tailor answers to what op you have had/what stage you are at.

Be careful using frozen berries/fruit - I wasn't allowed pips/seeds at your stage so had to sieve any smoothies I made - I added them to protein shakes.

Best advice is to check with your team/dietician to see if pips/seeds are ok.

My team suggested ultraslim shakes from Tesco for early on but as with all things WLS related, every team have their own rules so you're best checking with them. I was given a comprehensive booklet before my op detailing exactly what I could have at each stage so I had that to refer to. I also have an email address for my dietician so can contact her easily with any questions.
I too was told no pips, seeds or skin on fruit or veg for months post op and to be careful long term although I'm nearly 8 months out now and don't seem to have a problem.

My team suggested ultraslim shakes from Tesco for early on but as with all things WLS related, every team have their own rules so you're best checking with them. I was given a comprehensive booklet before my op detailing exactly what I could have at each stage so I had that to refer to. I also have an email address for my dietician so can contact her easily with any questions.
I too was told no pips, seeds or skin on fruit or veg for months post op and to be careful long term although I'm nearly 8 months out now and don't seem to have a problem.
No one told me no seeds and pips etc. But I'll start from today
Can I have custard and things like that xx

Sainsburys and aunt bessies do sachets of no added sugar instant custard that we were recommended soon after surgery, I was ok with that. Now I have the Ambrosia little mini custard pots that you get in packs of 6 little pots, they are room temperature and usually with the pots of jelly or rice pudding in the supermarkets. I wouldn't have the bigger ones that come in a pack of 4 as that would be too much sugar in total for me.

Ok hun i have a phobia of jelly.....lol I know. I've bought some custard pots.
At the moment I've been satisfied with a glass of smoothie in the morning and a cup of soup half in the afternoon and afternoon in the evening. It's been feeling me up. Have consultant on the 9th so I'll and skills questions then as my post diet sheet is a bit vague x

Back