• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Smoothie Ideas?

sararob23

I'm having my op next Friday, I'm stocked up on soups and veg oko cubes (yum) but I'm trying to think of ideas for smoothies/shakes that I can have when I am on my liquid stage.

I'm not a fan of slim fast etc so want to make mine fresh....the only ones I've made in the past have included ice cream so need a complete re think!

Does any one have any recipe ideas

Yogurt, banana and milk, raspberries, yogurt , milk and almond essence is my favourite. You can buy frozen berries which make it cold. The list is endless once you get going. I like a spoon or two of yogurt flavoured or plain to thicken.

Yogurt, banana and milk, raspberries, yogurt , milk and almond essence is my favourite. You can buy frozen berries which make it cold. The list is endless once you get going. I like a spoon or two of yogurt flavoured or plain to thicken.

Thanks, the banana is the one that takes my fancy!

Agree. I buy packs of frozen fruits from Sainsburys or Tesco's. Mixed berries, mango, blueberries. Often on special offer. Mix with each other for fruit one with a little apple or orange juice. Mix with milk or fat free or low fat yogurt. Vanilla flavour low fat pouring yogurt makes a nice substitute for ice cream. Low fat custard also good. Banana thickens them when you need it. Banana yogurt & a little peanut butter to boost the protein is also good. NAS Crusha also good but no fruit value. Yoo Moo low fat low cal frozen yogurts are gret but watch sugar.

Also for a change I used almond milk & hazelnut milk both widely available in Sainsburys & Tesco's etc.

Agree. I buy packs of frozen fruits from Sainsburys or Tesco's. Mixed berries, mango, blueberries. Often on special offer. Mix with each other for fruit one with a little apple or orange juice. Mix with milk or fat free or low fat yogurt. Vanilla flavour low fat pouring yogurt makes a nice substitute for ice cream. Low fat custard also good. Banana thickens them when you need it. Banana yogurt & a little peanut butter to boost the protein is also good. NAS Crusha also good but no fruit value. Yoo Moo low fat low cal frozen yogurts are gret but watch sugar.

These sound lovely and I'm excited to try them! How much am I likely to drink on liquid stage? And If I make too much how long are they likely to keep?

When I was on liquids I used more milk so they were thinner & sipped slowly. As I progressed I aimed for 250 ml for a meal. I included the milk portion in my fluids for the day too. Gradually I progressed to thicker smoothies & shakes & now 6 months down the road I use vanilla diet whey, fruit & skimmed milk made up to 500 mls & have as either breakfast or lunch. 2 scoops protein powder gives me 35 g protein but check first with your team as they often don't like you having protein like this. I have been 'approved' by my team as allergic/intolerant to meat & poultry. Had this already before op.

BTW as you progress watch your fat & sugar levels with smoothies & shakes especially shop bought ones.

Keep in fridge at least til day after but may need a stir up. Or freeze well.

Back