• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Negative WLS opinions from other obese peeps?

Thanks for all the replies and good wishes.

I am online *briefly* at an internet cafe. We gave up on Erica's smartphone as it was proving rather difficult, so I have introduced Erica to the seedy world of £1 an hour London internet cafes !!

We have checked into the hotel, and found 2 internet cafes within 5 mins stroll. :D

Erica is also bidding on something on Ebay so I will have to log off in a while and let Erica back on to win her item !!!! :p :p :p

Too middle aged women behaving like teenagers !

Go and get your new life its waiting just round the corner for you. won't be long now have fun tonight enjoy yourselves, you might not feel upto it for the next week or so but the memories of tonight will keep you going. xx good luck xx

Lots of luck for your op xxx :553:

Good luck with your op though luck isn't necessary as it's the surgeon's skill that counts and yours is a good one. As to why you told your colleagues, well what a daft thing to ask, by telling them the truth rather than just allowing them to work it out for themselves (As they always do) you've disarmed the grapevine and allowed those with no dog in this race to be able to support you through this. Smart move. I always believe total honesty is the best policy rather than lies and half truths.

The two fatties at work will be motivated by the green eyed monster and you can understand that. They won't want you to succeed because that emphasises their failure. If they ignore you then they can kid themselves that it isn't happening. They might decide to change their opinion once they see how fantastic you will be looking, or they might get worse, but at least they cannot hide behind any speculation and gossip about how you're losing the weight because you've been open about it. Great move that

I would not send the email LOL Fluff is right it could be seen as rubbing noses in it, and your company might even see it as inappropriate use of company email LOL. Good luck again and let us know how you're doing xxx

Good luck with your op though luck isn't necessary as it's the surgeon's skill that counts and yours is a good one.

Thanks, Karlos. Yes just as well Mr Sufi has a good reputation because not the same can be said of all the nursing support staff .... I will update and explain about that on a separate thread soon.

As to why you told your colleagues, well what a daft thing to ask, by telling them the truth rather than just allowing them to work it out for themselves (As they always do) you've disarmed the grapevine and allowed those with no dog in this race to be able to support you through this. Smart move.

That's what I thought. e.g. if those fellow obese colleagues actually *do* want weight loss surgery then they do support weight loss surgery (even if they are miffed that I have got it and they haven't -- yet) .... and if they want to know anything about it they are welcome to ask me.

If they don't actually want to know, and are happy to "sts" -- stay the same all their lives that is also up to them.

I decided to be open, because if anyone *does* have a problem with WLS or NHS funding, they can speak to me direct and I have about a dozen arguments up my sleeve (ha ha!) to support the case.

Just found out from my Dad a few days ago that the reason one of my brothers is "off" is because he has made several comments behind my back moaning about "them all getting it done on the NHS for free" and something about it could be better spent on cancer treatments etc.

Well, strange he's never said that to me, because I have about a 700 word essay ready at any time on the reasons for funding (inc the fact that I have worked all my life and paid all my tax and NI contributions) -- and also the fact that my diabetes meds would cost the NHS £24,000 and 1 x new hip and 2 new knees wd cost £20,000 etc etc ..... but one gastric sleeve has cost £10,000 and is supposed to save the NHS money in the long term.

But people cannot have these arguments with me unless they speak up !!!

Definitely jealousy, because soon you'll be looking soooo much better than them and because you had the get up and go to do something about it.
I know by now you'll be post op, so hope you have a comfy, speedy recovery!
Em xxxx:wavey:

I agree with the others and think just let it go what they said. I remember thinking how will I ever get it off and years of being fed up. When a friend suggested surgery my initial reaction was I am not THAT bad, and I can do it blah blah. Nevertheless my denial was overcome and I made an appointment to see the GP soon after, realising that acutally for me it is the only way. Its probably not personal to you as such....
You will soon be looking so fab, focus on that.....x

Back