• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nerves !!

vickykirby

Hello everyone, think this is my 2nd post lol!!

I have got my pre-op on the 12th March at 1.30pm, which I'm not bothered about...The nerves are kicking in as to when I wake up from my op(incase I dont)lol!!

I know its silly and i bet everyone has the same thoughts! And I know this op is actually gonna be a lifesaving one in the long run!
Just tought i'd vent my issues! x:)

Hi Vicky I think we all think that. I just thought well if I dont wake up I wont no about it lol You will be fine

I just keep telling myself that im doing it to spend more time with my children, and if i dont have it done i may not be around to see them x

you will be fine chucks, they do so many of these procedures every day, week, month... It will soon come and go then you can get on with your life. x

you will be fine hun will be over before u know it ..... and u will have forgotten all about this..... and you will be loosing weight and looking fab ... and start thinking what ya gona wear when ur going out with yr mates ... xxx good luck hun xxx

good luck hun, think about all the positives this will bring to your life !

liz x

Hiya Vicky, I know exactly how you feel. I am having my op on 25th March and am feeling very anxious about it.
You're right about it being a life saver though.
That's what I keep telling myself. I don't want to spend the rest of my life in this unhealthy state and after reading loads on this site and any other site I can find I have found lots of encouragement from people who have been through what we are about to.
We are looking to improve our lives as well as prolong it.
If we stayed the way we are we could need any number of operations that would be risky.
We can do this and we will be much, much happier and healthier!!!!

i think most people are the same unless there insane !! lol .

its always the feeling of the unknown i was so scared i cried my eyes out while on the way down while signing my forms and while the put me to sleep .but they where lovely and are used to people that are scared and put you at ease .and before i knew it i was waking up(but have to be honest i did not want to i was haveing a lovely sleep lol) and talking stupid to the man that was sitting with me lol

and now iv done it im nervous but know what to expect so i know if i have any other ops (of which i will as i want a (.)(.) uplift and implants and possibly tummy tuck .and im haveing an op at some point this year )i will be ok

You will be fine, I went slightly loopy just before and was acting a bit bizarre :eek: but you are gonna be nervous it would be worrying if you wasn't lol.
Keep thinking of how much more life you are gonna be able to live and the advantages of being able to buy clothes from cheap places like Primark ha ha. It worked for me!
All the best.xxx

Try not to worry Vicky (easier said than done, I know)

As the others have said, the surgeons perform this operation day in day out. Nothing is going to happen to you. You stand more chance of being killed in a car crash on the way to hospital.

Or look at it the other way, if you dont have this op, you have got to carry on as you are now... wouldnt that be worse?

I just got my op last week, and felt exactly same. My anesthetist said everyone thinks like this, but they are so lovely and nice, it was over so quickly and soon forgotten about.
xx

yes vicky your feelings are normal and healthy, but has everyone has said when you have had it done you will wonder 'why all the worry'...the worst part is walking to the theatre, that is as bad as it gets, before you know it you will be back in your bed being looked after by the nurses and looking forward to your new life good luck x

Back