• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie and nervous

Cathy - just making the decision you want to proceed is a huge step. I remember those feelings well. Good luck with the GP. And as witch says do lots of research even to the point of identifying the surgeon you want to work with. The support you get from his/her team is key.

May I ask why you think you want a band?

I had my bypass on Tues 9 July and returned to work two weeks later. I was more than ready.

xxx

I was a bit scared of having the bypass as it seems final. I've had 13 operations in the past (orthopaedic) and was trying to kid myself that I could remove a band at some point and it would be fine. Yeah, I know, delusional! I'll get the blood tests done and mull it over but I'm pretty sure if it's offered I'll do it xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Quick update. I had blood tests done and got myself weighed at the doctor's today. I've got to wait a fortnight for the results and then my GP'll put me forward. OMG I'm so excited! Been looking at the inspirational photos and am gob smacked at how amazing everyone looks xx

Hey don't be scared or nervous... this will be the start of a journey (don't get fobbed off!)... it can be a long one, with lots of ups and downs - BUT in the end you will be healthy and be able to lots of things you couldn't before and get your life back!!!! GOOD LUCK - and don't give up!

Hi Cathy just a quick update ive got my seminar on the 24 sept at Darlington Hospital...had my bloods done all fine ...ive got all the paperwork from hospital filled it all in so now just waiting...so the ball is rolling slowly but.............

Great news Claire! I've got to wait till the end of next week for my blood test results. I've been watching loads of YouTube clips and reading books about WLS. I am genuinely feeling that a bypass is my only solution. I know it's only a tool but I've got to try it. Please keep me up to date and ill do the same. Cathy xx

Will do Cathy well up here you don't choose what you have the doctor suggests what he is prepared to do but I woukd prefer the bypass ...take care x

Im sure you will be fine my friend had it done last saturday and I messaged her today she has lost 1 stone 7lb already im so excited, nervous and frightened all at the same time ...but if I want to see my kids grow up and have their own families its the only way forward x

Got my blood tests results early and everything is fine. Going to call my GP this week and see if he's prepared to refer me. Eek, so excited!! Xx

Hi Cathyem
I had my first appointment 2 months ago and I am now 2 days post op - no regrets! x

Im excited to just have to wait for my Swminar now 24 sept ..meet the surgeons and consultants etc.....as my Gp said first day of the rest of my life.......x

How are you feeling, BDA? Xx

Not too bad thanks cathyem, Tummy a bit sore but lots of relief from paracetamol and nurofen. Sipping water and slim fast every ten minutes or so. Am walking around the house easily but haven't been out yet - probably tomorrow.
Keep in touch x

Sounds good, BDA. Had a bit of an epiphany today and decided against NHS surgery. I'm gong to try a gastric band privately first. It'll use most of my life savings but I'd rather do that than be bullied into the type of operation I've got to have xx

Good for you! I went privately and my consultant (like most consultants) also works in the NHS. Whilst its important to listen to the experts it is also your body and your choice.
Let me know how it goes :) x

I have been to one hospital for an appointment with a bariatric nurse. Not really impressed with the aftercare so trying somewhere else on Saturday. Apparently the surgeon at the new organisation thinks I would be suited to a sleeve but I really want a band. Not sure what to do. Help! Xx

Back