• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie and nervous

Have you any local support groups? Might be worth talking to people who've had them done. Ultimately it is your decision and you can be very upfront with them about band being the only thing you want.

Thank you, Smallerme, I don't know of any support groups nearby. I've decided now that I want the band and I'll tell the surgeon that tomorrow.

It IS your decision, but from experience I would consider very carefully what the experts advise, as they deal with thousands of people and know what will work best for you with your history and situation. I went privately and was shocked when a bypass was recommended by the surgeon as I'd thought a sleeve was what I'd have. But I took it onboard as the reasons were explained. i do not regret it. It is a permanent no bother tool which provides (along with my head changes) a solution to my life-long morbid obesity - not least by disconnecting the hunger-driving hormone. I cannot imagine eating this little and being starvin marvin. Good luck with what you decide. xxx

Hey, Purple Owl. I know this is right out of left field but after I spoke to the surgeon today I'm going to have the sleeve gastrectomy. Yup, I think that's my decision. Ho are you and what's your story

These decisions are very important! If you have made up your mind after collecting all of the information available, stick with your gut feeling

Well, things have moved on. I'm day 13 of my 14 day pre op diet. VSG Surgery on Tuesday 12th at Nuffield Brentwood. I am so excited and not nervous anymore but ready.
Wish me luck! :)

Back