• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New and scared

Henrys

Hi
I just had my appointment at cheaper yesterday and
I think I gave decided on the sleeve. I'm just scared after
Reading about leaks and dumping.... Should I put my family through this ...

Don't get me wrong for me I want this sooo much but will I still be able after
Time to party and have fun????

Hi there Henry, welcome to the forum, their has been a lot of concerns over the sleeve. but everyone is different. am sure you will be ok. you will meet a lot of people on here. which will give you a lot of very good advice x

I dont know much about the sleeve only that my husband had one and it worked really well and he had no problems with it, it is a big decision to make but if you decide to have one it could give you the life you want, it maybe stressful or scary to your family but you would be doing it for them as much as for yourself right? Well I certainly am if it wernt for them id of given up years ago,

Good luck with your decision :)
Take care
Xxxxz

Hi, I really wanted the Sleeve but costs too much private so am having the Gastric band and am currently on the pre op diet.
I think the Sleeve has benefits like no fills or port. But then even the band has advantages. It is swings and round abouts really.
Every surgery is a risk and it is a really tough decision to make. I too had this issue did I want to put my family throught this, but then do I want to put them through my struggles with obesity and the health problems that can bring.
I hope you come to the best decision for you, as at the end of the day it is you who has to go through with it either way. And staying overweight or going for surgery both have strains on families and loved ones.

Good luck :)

Welcome. Do you research on all your options. Discuss with your surgeon. I started off wanting a band but after much discussion & research went for a sleeve. Loving it 4 months post op. over 6 1/2 stones lighter. Good luck.

Hi :)

I'm the same as u I love to PARTY hehe I had my sleeve done last Monday! Fizzy drinks is a no no so cider, lager n champers is out as with most mixers unless u let them go flat! Which is was I'll b doing I don't mind flat juice! But u can still drink wine n vodka with low fat or flat juice! Think I'll b opting for cranberry yum! Obviously because o the weight loss we can't handle as much as post op so we will just b a cheap date :) but I still intend to party hard lol xx

Hi :)

I'm the same as u I love to PARTY hehe I had my sleeve done last Monday! Fizzy drinks is a no no so cider, lager n champers is out as with most mixers unless u let them go flat! Which is was I'll b doing I don't mind flat juice! But u can still drink wine n vodka with low fat or flat juice! Think I'll b opting for cranberry yum! Obviously because o the weight loss we can't handle as much as post op so we will just b a cheap date :) but I still intend to party hard lol xx

LOL I did love to party & loved my wine & champers. 4 months post op I honestly don't miss it. I have recently tried a small glass of wine & it lasted all night & even then I couldn't finish it. Before op I would have had a bottle over a whole evening at least. I'm such a cheap date now!
Don't get me wrong still partying but without alcohol. It does bug me though there is such a limited choice of non fizzy drinks available in bars & restaurants.

Ano! That's the thing ain't it bars don't really cater for flat low fat juice :/ some do cranberry tho and I'll certainly b asking wen I get out :) I've got a friends 30th in aug that will b my first drink I'll b 7weeks post op if no cranberry it will need to b orange :( with a glass o water Inbetween! Tho the thought of being able to drink that much liquid mmmmm I question myself but it's all still new at the min and there's still alot o swelling. But we shall c how things go :) xx

Yes fluid volume is another issue. Good luck with your sleeve. Mine is fantastic.

Back