• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

the future is uncertain

Hi blade. I have had two lots of WLS at Walsall. I have a lot of issues with them about what happened to me BUT the surgeons do try their very best for the patients under their care. They are a hard pressed service and like anywhere else things do sometimes go wrong. Balance what happened to one patient against all the other sucessful procedures they carry out every year.

It is natural to be scared - every surgery carries a risk - but think about the possible greater risk to you if you do not have the surgery. Ultimately it is your decision - I wish you all the best.

TBx

im looking at everything about walsall and im thinking that poor women 2012/13 and im thinking what happens if it me

I'm on day ten of meal replacement shakes and soup pre op diet for sleeve and would stab someone in the eye for your boiled eggs lol :D

Last edited:
help

Ok i didnt lose alot of weight before so they put me on a liver shinking diet does that mean im going for surgery in aprill even tho no set date.:confused:

not necessarily ....... it could be a trail run?? some hospitals do it .......some to get the 10% loss they want..... not sure why? ..... I think sometimes its a proving the point exercise.... my hospital didn't set a loss before hand but many do :) how far down the line are you? if your really unsure as to what its all about, pick up the phone tomorrow and give your team a call..... i'm pretty sure if you were doing the pre op diet you would know your date :)

Wishing you all the best x x x

thanks for that :D
it taken my mind of things and i woken up to that if it happens it happens what can i do about it :D

That's a good way of looking at it Blade. The biggest thing about surgery is that you have to put your trust and faith into someone else and they have a major responsibility to see you have the best care and attention. Just keep thinking positively about the whole thing and the benefits you'll gain from it!!

So its a target they have set you before you get your date possibly? if you've been given the lsd diet you will hit the target no worries.... but give them a call just to be on the safe side :)

well this is what i was thinking my orignal target was 140 so do you recon i can hit that from now untill the 17 april ???

hears a quetion they dont say how big the yogot pot has to be do they ??? so does that mean i can have a bigger pot there £2 quid for 2 at the moment at tesco went past them today lowfat with mango and peaches in it is that all right ???? there quit big tho ??? can i have one a day ??? sorry for the question marks

I would call your provider and ask, I wasn't allowed any yoghurts so not sure on the rules. Is there a booklet that explains?

If it makes you feel any better, I was convinced I wasn't going to wake up from my operation, not because of any stories I read but purely because I'm an anxious person. I left letters and videos to all of my family.

As you can see I am still here and 12.5 stone lighter. You will be fine :)

All operations carry risk, especially if you are overweight. Problem is that other surgeries don't get the press that WLS does, this forum shares good and bad experiences, but we tend to remember the bad ones but not the good! We are all human, I've been banded and am currently freaking out about band slippage cos I read about it on here....doesn't mean it's going to happen though, it's just an anxiety response

yeah the past three years at the manor i feel like im going into a roll of the dice.

but this is causing havock on me should i shouldnt i see people on youtube and i seen people on hear looks sexy and grate im not doing this becouse of vanity im doing this for my health even tho im not fit but i can still lift and pull and walk some miles and out do my friends in that field.

so i feel like iv got to start planing for the future of my self and children and be out of work for 6 weeks. sorry for the rant

there is a booklet but i don't know how much i can have it doesn't say the quantity only just says two yogurts so i was told by a friend it was the small ones

What you're feeling is natural but as others have said, the operation is safer now than its ever been. The mortality rate is lower than 1% (trust me, I've looked into this) whereas if you don't have the surgery and stay the same then you're at much higher risk of developing serious health problems.

I have kids too and have wondered if I'm being selfish by having this op but they're a big part of why I want it, to be able to play with them, go for walks with the dogs etc.

Just look at the bigger picture hun, even try making a list of pros and cons if that helps xx

yeah i brought a sliming world yoger pots 4 for £1 from tesco felt special cant find suga free cursua any where ????

What weight/bmi are you going for Blade?

Back