• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

the future is uncertain

blade

scared and worth it

Hi all im not scared of losing the weight im scared in case anything goes wrong im a big chap 23 stone at the moment, and im crapping my self if anything should happen.
i have my children my familiy to think about i be damed if i didnt have the surgery and i might be damed if i did :cry:
im just worried about leaks as one person from wallsall had to go though hell and 1 in 80000 is its a chance that i could die.

any one had this problem as i want to have a sleeve all

its normal to be fearful of things that are life changing even if we elect to do it ourselves
if you turn the stats around it means that 7999 come out the other side and the last 1 has difficulties or worse I know which camp I would rather be in
good luck

You are just experiencing what most of us did. I had a letter typed out to tell my husband what I wanted in the event I didn't come through. Just normal. Your not that big babe. You will be fine

I am a short female and I was almost your weight, losing over half my body weight I have cut down on so many risks it was worth the very tiny initial risk

Good luck x

im having a sleeve

Hi all i was given a liver shrinking diet the target to get down to 153-150 im currently on 153.6
i was on 157.5 i did that with two weeks.

i had a target goal last year to reach 144 but i didnt get to it and i did put weight on to 157 and i stayed steady.

but two weeks ago i went for MRP meals replacement product instead of having yogs all the time, so i had two cans a day with an apple in between and Coffey for a booster.

i had a reply from the dietrion saying that i was doing it all wrong.
she even said that i reach my second goal would be impossible in such short time. but its looks like iv achieved it.

but i think they are going to keep me on for another 4 weeks to get me down to 144 thats what im thinking of :cry:
ive been with them nearly a year and half and i was on orlistate for two years befor iv tried everything.

thanks all its the first time iv got to reply to this.
i couldnt operate the fourm propery i did make anouther thread.

Thank you all for your kind words

Hi blade, I'm in the same position as you, even the same weight! I'm feeling the same way, but as others have said, being overweight in itself carries much more of a risk in itself than going through surgery.

You just have to read the forum and see all the people who have been through the surgery and come out the other side much healthier, cured of diabetes, high blood pressure etc.

I have sleep apnoea which is also obesity related so I'm hoping this will go after surgery.

Best of luck with your wls journey, you'll be fine x

Hi all i was given a liver shrinking diet the target to get down to 153-150 im currently on 153.6
i was on 157.5 i did that with two weeks.

i had a target goal last year to reach 144 but i didnt get to it and i did put weight on to 157 and i stayed steady.

but two weeks ago i went for MRP meals replacement product instead of having yogs all the time, so i had two cans a day with an apple in between and Coffey for a booster.

i had a reply from the dietrion saying that i was doing it all wrong.
she even said that i reach my second goal would be impossible in such short time. but its looks like iv achieved it.

but i think they are going to keep me on for another 4 weeks to get me down to 144 thats what im thinking of :cry:
ive been with them nearly a year and half and i was on orlistate for two years befor iv tried everything.

Hi Never had to do milk based diet,i done the low carb one, 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast , chicken salad for luch with dressing, steak and mushrooms and onions for dinner, drink no sugar drinks 10 days later a stone off, only down side is you are up all night peeing, good luck

Hello i am going through the same experience as you, i joined this site to try and get as much extra support as possible. Goodluck on your journey.

Hi ! im feelinga bit scared aswell - the loosing weight part is whats keeping me going i think !
the surgery and wondering about changes to me and will it change who i am etc is putting the fear of god up me tbh !

I know it will be worth it in the long run just need to get my head round everything !
stay strong :) xx

Me too, but seeing the inspirational changes on this forum makes me realise it's worth any risk..x

this is why im scared;

A close person who had problems with the sleeve. i dont think there on hear but iv read about the complications at Walsall and im just craping my self that ill be on vitamins for the rest of my life.

hear are my fears:

leak: iv read a person on hear in 2012 had a massive problem at walsall she had a sleeve done that taken months to heal it self she did lose her weight but its just crazy thought of what can happen blindness lossing the ability to walk with not enouth vitamins.

work:
as im working for my self i lift quite alot 25 gallon barrels im lifting in and out of the van and im scared encase i will tear my stomach after 5 weeks is this long enough for recovery ???

medication cost:
do i have to pay for vitamins or am i on them for the rest of my life ????

Hi Blade,

It's completely natural to feel this way. I lost one of my closest friends end of November when his surgery went well and was discharged as he was in good health. 3 days later, he started having complications with his organs and unfortunately, he didn't make it. My surgery was going to 2 weeks after his, so I could have it before Christmas. That really put the fear of God in me. I finally regained my courage to go with my own surgery at the begInning of March. And just like Kurstywursty, I too started making arrangements if I didn't make it through and I even indirectly said goodbye to friends as I didn't tell any of my friends apart from 2 of my best friends.

However, as Los in it has quite rightly pointed out, it's good to turn the stats around as there is such a high success rate. The amount of people in this forum that are months and even years post surgery who are now living such a better and healthier life (and can do more fun stuff with their kids rather than sitting on the sideline watching their kids grow up), is extremely reassuring!!!

I am now nearly 6 weeks in and apart from the normal pains and insecurities that someone naturally has post op because they are adjusting to their new body and new way of eating, I am doing really well. Even up to a week before my Op, I was still very fearful and emotional. However, I decided that the more I stressed about it, the harder my recovery would be so I decided to let go of this burden I had been carrying around about losing my friend and decided to go through my own wholeheartedly. Even on the day of my Op and being wheeled into the theatre, I was so calm and finally found my peace!!!

Having joined the forum after my surgery, it's given me the courage and confidence to review my own progress and now, having fought my initial fear of not making it, I'm excited about what the future holds for me... And my family!!!!! My blood pressure has already gone down in the 5 weeks and I'm hoping that I can soon be off them for good!!!

I'm really glad I fought through that fear and took the plunge... It'll be a very courageous thing to do for yourself and your family!! Hope this helps?!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

gastric sleeve milk

Okay im cheesed off big time iv had enough of this milk im so hungry :cry:
even after 4 days its not working 4 aka 4 500ml pints a day 1 yogert its just bad as i just want this :17729:

Okay im cheesed off big time iv had enough of this milk im so hungry :cry: even after 4 days its not working 4 aka 4 500ml pints a day 1 yogert its just bad as i just want this :17729:

No pain no gain I'm afraid :-( it is so, so difficult and I 100% empathise with you. The end goal is so worth it though :)

Hey,

It is completely normal to feel this way. The day of my op I nearly got up and walked out the hospital, if my mother wasn't there I would have done. And I cried my eyes out walking to the theatre, and until I went to sleep lol.

You are not in this alone hun x

Hi Blade,

It's completely natural to feel this way. I lost one of my closest friends end of November when his surgery went well and was discharged as he was in good health. 3 days later, he started having complications with his organs and unfortunately, he didn't make it.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

where did this happen ???? if you dont mind me asking

Hi blade. I have had two lots of WLS at Walsall. I have a lot of issues with them about what happened to me BUT the surgeons do try their very best for the patients under their care. They are a hard pressed service and like anywhere else things do sometimes go wrong. Balance what happened to one patient against all the other sucessful procedures they carry out every year.

It is natural to be scared - every surgery carries a risk - but think about the possible greater risk to you if you do not have the surgery. Ultimately it is your decision - I wish you all the best.

TBx

Im so glad that
1=ive done the LSD
2= I did the 1000 low cal diet
3=it really is worth sticking with it
4= the results after are flipping amazing !
all the very best

hears a quetion they dont say how big the yogot pot has to be do they ??? so does that mean i can have a bigger pot there £2 quid for 2 at the moment at tesco went past them today lowfat with mango and peaches in it is that all right ????
there quit big tho ??? can i have one a day ???
sorry for the question marks

Back