• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new beginnings

Wow day 8 already on my pre op where has that gone it's coming round so quickly now craving food has eased of a bit more today can't wait to have a bit more variety x

Had quite a good day. Rested for most of it but have been walking around a bit to get drinks etc. Wind is not as bad as it was so that's good. Just constantly sipping on fluids. Stomach has been making some funny noises today so not quite sure what's going on down there but it feels ok. Just tight where the port is still. I'm looking forward to being able to move about again properly. X

Are you still aiming on going back to work Thursday?
I break up from work Wednesday I can't wait then I can sort my hospital bag out and still need to sort a taxi out x

Yes at the moment the plan is to go back on Thursday, I only have a desk job. But will see how I feel. I really should have just booked the whole week off to be safe but have so much work to do I wouldn't really have been able to book it off.

Once you finish work it will feel more real won't it

Yeah I'm sure the nerves will kick in then too, I'm going to Dolan Park on Thursday so they can take my bloods ready so that I don't have to stay overnight Monday, it's my daughters 10th birthday next Tuesday so really want to be home the same day xx

Oh that's good. I didn't realise you could do that, they should hopefully schedule you in for early on in the day then. Have they said you will definitely go home the same day x

Yeah they said as long as the anethatist doesn't want put high risk patients before me and that I recover after the anesthetic well I should be able to come home so fingers crossed I will be able to as I have been put to sleep a few times and always been ok after,
Did you have to take your nail varnish of before theatre? Xx

I took mine off before hand anyway as it has said in the hand book. My driver did say that it's so they can monitor your natural nail colour and notice any changes. I would just take it off before hand anyway to be honest. X

Yeah I will, I'm trying to think of all the questions that keep me awake lol.
Could you keep your underwear on? X

Ha ha Sophina I was reading that this girl in Brussels woke up with no knickers on as the had shoved a pain relief suppository in x

They give you paper knickers to put on. They get covered in iodine so I would just wear them. I got changed back into my things when I was awake enough. I wore my slippers and dressing gown to theatre as well. Didn't quite fancy walking in my gown, it does up well though you can't see anything x

Back