• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New on the forum

felicity49

Hi - I've just posted this on the news bit of the forum. Doh! Anyway, I'll just cut and paste it -

Hello everyone! I'm seriously considering a gastric band, so this seems the ideal place to get other people's opinions. I've got about 5 stone to lose, but after three decades of dieting... etc, etc........ I can't stand being this weight any more. I don't like to go out or buy clothes for myself. What's the point. Having read some of the posts though, it seems that you have to be a certain weight to go through surgery. I realise that I would never get it on the NHS, but is this true of private companies? Any feedback would be wonderful please!

Hi - I've just posted this on the news bit of the forum. Doh! Anyway, I'll just cut and paste it -

Hello everyone! I'm seriously considering a gastric band, so this seems the ideal place to get other people's opinions. I've got about 5 stone to lose, but after three decades of dieting... etc, etc........ I can't stand being this weight any more. I don't like to go out or buy clothes for myself. What's the point. Having read some of the posts though, it seems that you have to be a certain weight to go through surgery. I realise that I would never get it on the NHS, but is this true of private companies? Any feedback would be wonderful please!
Hello Felicity 49
I am also new, and am going for my consultation with the Hospital Group on Saturday,I have been yo yo dieting most of my life,now I have made my mind up,I am having a lap band at long last!
I have waisted all those years,now I am 52,but not too late to change the life I have got left! Good luck to you!

sorry forgot to mention,I was not ( in the right criteria ) for NHS, so am going private,my bmi is 46 and i need to loose about 11-12st ( The Hospital Group )is the best choice for me.let me know how you get on?

Back