• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New girl

Staruk1957

Hiya all
I am new to this site I am due to have my op in dec 2011 !
Very aphensive but I need this desperatly cos I am 30 stone plus.
I have every faith in mr ell hasani &the team but can.t help worrying
Has any one been has heavy has me and how have got on .????

Welcome hun carnt help but just wanted to say hi n good luck some one will be along soon x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hiya i was 24 stone when i had surgery and i have not had a single problem since the day of my op in june this year and have now lost over 8st hope this gives you just a little reasurance

Welcome Star ... We have lots of 30 plus stone peeps on here both pre & post op, but not for long. :) You will be so glad you had the op, sweetie. Good Luck for you Christmas rebirth xxx :):)

hi im terry im new to the site and im glad ive joined im 30 stone bmi of 60 and the doc wont help me with a gb any advice ?????????

Hiya all
I am new to this site I am due to have my op in dec 2011 !
Very aphensive but I need this desperatly cos I am 30 stone plus.
I have every faith in mr ell hasani &the team but can.t help worrying
Has any one been has heavy has me and how have got on .????

Welcome, ask away if you have any questions we are a close family here.

When saw mr ell hasani he suggested a gastrc sleeve first then if I did not
Lose enough he would go to do the rest of the pass ! So it will be a case of wait
And see. I have and am very nervous but from what i've seen on here tonight
Everyone is so positive there's no room for any negativity! I hope this helps!

Yeah a sleeve is less of a major op than the bypass even though its still a major op, then to change the sleeve into the bypass they then relocate your tubes and make your tummy even smaller still.

hi im terry im new to the site and im glad ive joined im 30 stone bmi of 60 and the doc wont help me with a gb any advice ?????????

Hi Terry, Where do you live? Some PCT's have very tough guidelines whereas others adhere to NICE guidelines. You say you have a BMI of 60 ... do you also have Sleep Apnea or Diabetes? If so, you should qualify for a bypass & it is just your doctor who is being obstructive? If not, try one of the others or change doctors altogether. Some doctors are just anti WLS :(
Repost in the Introduce Yourself Section as you will get more replys. Good Luck, hun xx :)

Yes I have diabetes type ii, asthma, the start of heart failure as well artheritis,
My GP put through for gb on the NHS, I have recently loss my job cos of my weight
Well they called it medical retirement!! So you think this sleeve op is the best to go ?
I don't know what my BMW is I weight around 32 stones give or take I can hardly
Walk now as I have lots pains in my hips,knees n ankles, also in my shoulders when trying get in and out of bed.

Last edited:
welcome star, and good luck honey :) xxx
Terry, as Twinkle said, start a new thread in the introductions section and im sure you will get the help you need, welcome and good luck :) xxx

Hiya Hun, i was at the Sunderland support group on thursday night speaking to a lady who was 30 stone and is now at goal weight after having a bypass i think in 2009, she looked absolutly amazing. good luck and i hope you get the advise you need x

Hi,
You need to ask a different GP at the surgeon. There are no PCT's to my knowledge who have a BMI criteria above 50. Try every single GP at the surgery, if they all say no, get a new surgery!

Thank you all for such a warm welcome! I really thought I was alone! But it appears there lots of people faceing the same journey, to find such a place of positivity, warmth, and support when your feeling low. It as shown me I do have a future, so thankyou again I express what difference finding this site means to me !!!

Good luck chick im sure youll be fine xx

Back