• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie - Op scheduled 12 Feb 15

kaps

Hi all.

Just joined in and was going thru threads at random and realized that i was probably the only guy going in this forum.

About myself

I am 38 years old , weigh 112 kg (246 lbs) as on date and have a BMI of 41.
I used to weigh 120 kg (264 lbs) in 2012 through most of 2013. Had decided to go in for WLS in Jun 2012, but pulled out one day before the surgery and decided to give it one more shot (after all if the stomach size is going to reduce, then might as well try and reduce intake without going in for surgery)

Here I am back again after having tried and lost some weight and having gained some of it back again. just about three weeks short of surgery. Have already started on a detox diet and will start with the liver shrinking diet on 26 Jan - a good two and a half weeks prior surgery.

Here's wishing the very Best to all the wonderful people trying to 'Lose It'

Hi kaps and welcome...there are a few other chaps on here dont worry..
Good luck with your pre op diet, its a good idea to start early it gets you in the right frame of mind.
All the best with your journey and please keep us all update...

Hi kaps!

I too having surgery on the 12th I have already started liver shrinking diet as scared mine will be too big!!! Where are you having surgery?

Lynne

Hi all.
Thanks for the encouragement. Lynnepoth we share the same op date. I am in India and having my Op in a place called Bangalore

Hi all,

Am about three and a half weeks from Op. Most likely VSG. Have already started on a low carb diet and will commence the LSD on 26 Jan. Two days and not too many hunger pangs... Drinking a lot of water so have to constantly relieve myself:eek::eek:. I make it a point to hydrate myself as soon as I pee.

Guess I'll stick to it this time... :):)

Hello kaps, welcome and very good luck with your up coming surgery

Welcome Kaps.

@ Lynn. .. Sticking to the diet.. Just had bananas and milk today.....and of course a lot of water... As they say, "the more you drink, the faster you shrink...
No hunger pangs.. No distractions so far.
How are you doing? I am really looking forward to it.

Felt over emotional yesterday ! Think that because some people question if you can lose doing this diet why do you need surgery!!!! Also getting nervous! Not the best with operations and not the best with pain! Lost 12lbs since last Thursday!!!!

Great going Lynn... Don't bother about what people have to say. I had aborted my surgery in 2012 for similar reasons. Dropped 18 kgs, (39.8 lbs)...Gained some back and after two years am down just about 12 kgs (26.4 lbs). Now have hit a wall and struggling. The liver shrinking diet is not sustainable. Moreover, surgery is not the 'easy way out'. Pre-op and Post-op challenges still remain and require a lot of commitment. So let people say what they want. Just do what is right for you and your family. Look forward to the new you and an active and healthy life ahead.

Great going Lynn... Don't bother about what people have to say. I had aborted my surgery in 2012 for similar reasons. Dropped 18 kgs, (39.8 lbs)...Gained some back and after two years am down just about 12 kgs (26.4 lbs). Now have hit a wall and struggling. The liver shrinking diet is not sustainable. Moreover, surgery is not the 'easy way out'. Pre-op and Post-op challenges still remain and require a lot of commitment. So let people say what they want. Just do what is right for you and your family. Look forward to the new you and an active and healthy life ahead.

Back